AFIII George Lynch // Lynch Mob tone w/patch

THAT my friend is SICK!! Brilliant playing, you've really copped George's feel as well.
Really excellent, and hugely appreciate you sharing.
I've followed other "tone match" presets you have done, yet this may be the TOP.

Want wait to give it a try myself.

Hey guys! :)
This is my take on George Lynch’s tones on Wicked Sensation, one of my favorite albums ever!
The guitar sound varies quite a lot throughout the album, I’ve done some research and I’m pretty sure the heart of it was his 1988 modded Soldano SLO-100, he also used Engls and his famous purple Marshall ’71 Super Lead. Cleans were recorded with a Roland JC-200 and a Fender Super Champ.

I’ve decided to make two different rhythm scenes, one based on the SLO-100 (brighter, stiffer power section - for ex. Wicked Sensation), and one based on his purple plexi using the Friedman BE (darker, more sag/spongier - for ex. All I want). For cleans I’ve chosen the Roland JC120 (the JC-200 is the head version of the JC-120), note that the clean patch was tweaked to work with coil-tapped pickups (I’m using the two inner coils in the video)
Keep in mind you’ll need Leon Todd's @2112 LT TV Mix2 IR for this!
https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=631
Also, this patch is intended to be used with double tracked guitars, so it could sound overly bright when played in solo/mono. Adjust treble/presence to taste.

Enjoy! 🤘

Wow thanks for sharing.
Man That was Stupid Cool

Back
Top Bottom