Generation Axe Bohemian Rhapsody Tribute

deakle

Experienced
Just saw this on YouTube, hope I got the media link correct. Generation Axe (Steve Vai, Nuno Bettencourt, Zakk Wylde, Yngwie Malmsteen and Tosin Abasi) performing an instrumental version of Bohemian Rhapsody. Freaking Awesome!

Link doesn't work for me.

But if it's this one, I stopped listening after 10 seconds because the guitars are so out of tune, I can't stand that.

The arrangement and interpretation are cool, but the guitar tones are crap.

Furthermore, as Yek noted, slightly out of tune

Just saw this show last night in Atlantic City NJ. cool show, but the guitars were so ridiculously over powering. I realize that a cranked Marshall is supposed to sound glorious, but they were so loud it really sounded like garbage. With one exception, it appeared Vai was running an axefx into a tube power amp then into some 4x12's. I know he normally uses it Incorporated into his rig so I was looking for the carvin heads, but none to be found. His tone honestly was the most listenable tone out of the group. His volume was under control. Nuno was probably the 2nd most listenable. But Zakk and Yngwie,? forget it so obnoxiously loud it was hard to listen to at some points.

Back
Top Bottom