General Use IA Switch - Set Light to Off

sprint

Axe-Master
I use a general use IA switch attached to an external controller to turn amp boost on or off. Also, when I switch scenes I always want the amp boost off initially so when I change scenes I use an MFC custom midi message to turn amp boost off when new scene is selected. This all works fine, BUT, when I go to a new scene, the IA switch I use for amp boost it lit up (if used in the previous scene), even though I have turned the boost off upon selecting the current scene. Is there any way to force a general use IA switch light off without physically pressing the switch?

Nope. General use IA's are not synced the way regular IA's are. They just dumb toggle on and off. If the assigned function is changed through another means, you have to physically hit the switch to get it back in sync.

You could use a filter or volume block in front of the amp to add a 12 dB level boost at the input instead of using the boost option in the amp block. Assign the IA to that block instead of a general use IA and it will then stay in sync. You could then enable or bypass the filter or volume block via scenes as needed as well. No need for a custom midi message.

Back
Top Bottom