Geez Line 6 - misleading much?

This is what they call Tone Match

AJBIohGzmwtLCCxwYo2-aCKzvZCQfp6IHw79V2EEer15I5RXjSdxVnm99BAJ0Cwz0lhXm-Up-9baCcls2LkkYYLcItn7Hzmv4WYMsPqHzH-TGxwSmBnRbKBcLXSCe2y_9pJjQC9h_hpyrIcwd_3sLuTQsr7mHx55kTRfbKzy2m_PKnI1rG65h2_6I3s5RIyTXeHDVlmo76l9Tdbgd7E=s0-d-e1-ft

When there’s a chance to kick back and play guitar, you want the right tone, right away. It’s about playing music, not twiddling knobs. Only AMPLIFi™ matches the perfect tones to songs in your music library or your favorite artists.

Just a joke man, don't take anything I say too seriously.
I actually like filter... they played a bunch of old shit in Kuwait once while I was on my way out and in need of some live muzak. Props to them, but the L6 version of tonematching is still no better than UG's way of rating tabs. Booo L6 for adding one useful feature (Bluetooth) and rehashing/rebranding a lot of old and played out ideas.

Just a joke man, don't take anything I say too seriously.
I actually like filter... they played a bunch of old shit in Kuwait once while I was on my way out and in need of some live muzak. Props to them, but the L6 version of tonematching is still no better than UG's way of rating tabs. Booo L6 for adding one useful feature (Bluetooth) and rehashing/rebranding a lot of old and played out ideas.

ha! no worries man, i was just saying...i loved them and didn't even know they had gotten back together and saw their new album on iTunes when it came out. I've always thought Patrick had one of the most underrated voices in rock, and loved a lot of their songs, even if they aren't overly creative.

Not everyone has a highly developed or discriminating ear (or the budget to afford an AxeFX).

It will work just fine for its target market and I'm betting they sell a ton of them. I'd buy one of these over, say...any current Digitech gear without giving it a second thought, and I'm an old die-hard Digitech fan from way back. GSP2101/Artist were my work horse rigs for a long, *long* time.

Still love some of my L6 gear. It serves a purpose.

i mean, let's be honest, if you were a 16 year old kid trying to learn guitar and your fav songs, this is like a dream come true.

part of the disconnect is what we know tone-matching to be vs what they are using the term for. We think of it as a hyper accurate match of a tone through our 2500 unit...they are simply finding the closest "match" to a tone in a song through database of available presets. for what it does it's pretty cool, and I'm sure I would have loved it back in the day.

No kidding. When I started playing, all I could afford was a super crappy used Crate combo that sounded like a tin can full of bees wrapped in a dirty diaper. For a few hundred bucks, beginners now can get a pretty darn decent guitar and a little modeling amp that actually sounds like a real amp. We've all gotten spoiled by technology, complaining that a $500 multi fx unit doesn't sound exactly the same as $10,000 worth of pro level hardware. Line 6 does quite well with their intended market. A bit cheesy at times, but they make some solid products for the money for sure.

It's not the first time a company hijacked a word. Breakfast used to mean a time you ate in the morning. Meal is what you ate. McDonalds hijacked them to convince us that breakfast means eggs and that what you eat is only a "meal" if you have fries and a soda with it.

These Amplifi units are actually pretty cool. They don't look like an amp, so you can have one in your living room and people just think it's a speaker. It sounds pretty dang good as a Bluetooth stereo too.

A local shop has one in and we (the shop owner and I) screwed around with it for a couple hours. They definitely have a great product at that price point.

Maybe Line 6 is better these days. I cringe when I think of the ear fatigue I got with the pod I used to have.

I'll be the first to admit I'm running a g55 and I use a pod hd500 for MIDI switching...

But I hear the name Line6 and immediately think of spider amps.

I had a Line 6 Vetta II, and all I can ever remember about that experience was getting annoyed at it, cause I couldn't get the right tone, and when I thought I did, it sounded like ass, live. It seemed like every time I turned it on, I was tweaking it. It was like there was some elusive sweet spot that I just couldn't find.

I'm not saying I never tweak my Axe-FX patches. On the contrary, but it's not because I can't find the sweet spot. It's because there's so much sweet spot to choose from! And it always seems to shine live, no matter what I do.

Also, I'm not a Line 6 hater, I still love my Line 6 wireless. But I feel they've lost their way on the modeling side of things long ago.

I think of Line 6 products like Taco Bell. They keep releasing the same old ingredients just in some new silly configuration.

I think of Line 6 products like Taco Bell. They keep releasing the same old ingredients just in some new silly configuration.

Ditto! Several years ago I posted the same Taco Bell comparison on Line 6’s old forums.

Aside: Back then, you had to hold your own there…at least 30% of the forum’s members were lying in wait in hopes someone would open themselves up for ridicule.

I had a Line 6 Vetta II, and all I can ever remember about that experience was getting annoyed at it, cause I couldn't get the right tone, and when I thought I did, it sounded like ass, live. It seemed like every time I turned it on, I was tweaking it. It was like there was some elusive sweet spot that I just couldn't find.

I spent at least 45 arduous minutes on one, before the 'lady of the house' came in and basically told me to get lost. (Her office was right next to the amp room.....) Maybe I had too much bass dialed in, maybe it was the non-tonal playing.....I told her off on my way out the door and didn't visit that store for several years.

Back
Top Bottom