Gear for backing track/click with easy control

Starfighter

Experienced
Hi!

Looking for a solution to play some click tracks and backing tracks in a live band setting. Using a Behringer X32 rack mixer, with IEM monitoring. I use the MFC 101 and an iPad with the app SetList Maker to control the Axe FX II via bluetooth, using the mi.1 bluetooth midi device. Wishes:

• Two channel stereo backing track send
  • Separate click track send (for IEM use only)
  • Easy control of backing track/click, preferably from the MFC or the iPad. (The app SetList Maker can send midi)
So - any suggestions? Anyone using a similar setup?

Thanks

Ok, so I kinda figured this out I think - I bought an iConnectivity Audio 4+ interface.

I am using the app Bandhelper for iPad (upgraded version of Setlist Maker). The app controls preset changes on the Axe FX II via bluetooth, using the mi.1 bluetooth-midi device. And it sends audio via an Lightning-USB cable to the iConnectivity Audio 4+ interface, using four channels. Bandhelper can play two recordings simultaneously, and it can send those recordings to separate channels on the interface. That way, I can set up Bandhelper to do the following when I select a new song on my set list:
  • Change preset on the Axe FX
  • Start playing a backing track (Recording 1) on channels 1 & 2 of the interface, which goes through the Behringer X32 Rack mixer and to the PA
  • Start playing a click (either Bandhelper´s own metronome or Recording 2, which for example can be an mp3 you have made with count-ins, etc) on channels 3 & 4 of the interface, which goes through the X32 and to our IEMs only - not to the PA.
  • Starts scrolling lyrics (and chords if wanted) on the iPad
So far this works really great. The Lightning-USB cable from the interface even charges the iPad. The cable is a bit short though, so the iPad has to be fairly close to the interface. But it´s really good stuff to be able to press only one "button" on the iPad to change preset, start backing track and start a click - on different channels. If anyone else is looking for a solution to make this happen, I recommend this solution!

Back
Top Bottom