GCP Scene change help

ideally i want to push a I-accsess botton and have a specific scene. But .. it seems that the GCP cant send CC + value..so I thougt I go for scene increace & decrease.
Ive set CC 100 & 101 for this in I/O CTRL... and simular for 2 of the GCP`s buttons.. but it doesn`t work. Some Advice?

Hmm. GCP only sends 0 or 127 from its IAs. If you have a MAC in the MIDI loop you could convert the CCs from GCP and redirect them to AXE.
I use a program called MIDIPIPE when I need to listen/modify MIDI. It's a freeware, there are for sure similar programs for PC.

I think most guys using scenes with a GCPro are not using IAs to do it. They are using 12 presets per bank and using MIDI mapping in the Axe to select scenes.

I think most guys using scenes with a GCPro are not using IAs to do it. They are using 12 presets per bank and using MIDI mapping in the Axe to select scenes.

Does this mean you would use bank buttons on the GCP to change presets and then 12 'preset' buttons to changes scenes??
I'd love some advice as to how to set this up - I have a GCP and am currently stuck with 2 scenes only.

I have been thinking about this for a wile but haven't made it a priority to try and figure out. Any info from the GCP crowd would be a good post!

Does this mean you would use bank buttons on the GCP to change presets and then 12 'preset' buttons to changes scenes??
I'd love some advice as to how to set this up - I have a GCP and am currently stuck with 2 scenes only.

If this is the case it sounds like a lot of programing needs to be done correct?

I returned a GCP within 1 day of receiving it, when I bought my Axe FX II in May 2012. I could tell it was not up to the task. The AXE has too many features that won't be accessible without a better controller - MFC, Liquid Foot, RJM, Goliath.

You MIGHT be able to assign the 1/4" input on the back of the AXE to advance through scenes in sequential order. If you want MIDI control for that with the GCP, you are going to have to buy a few items from MIDI SOLUTIONS to get it accomplished. By the time you've spent the GCP money PLUS a couple of MIDI SOLUTIONS boxes, you could have purchased a Liquid Foot JR and had 1,000 times more capability....maybe 5,000 times the capability.

on the GCP you program your PC change number, say you program preset 1 to PC 1
then on the axe FX you go to I/O - Midi you set mapping mode to custom
then map from preset : 1
map to preset : any preset you want on the Axe say 14
map to scene : any scene you want say 2
now when you send PC1 with your preset 1 from the GCP it will switch to preset 14 scene 2
you can map any PC from your GCP or any other remote to whatever preset, scene or preset and scene.....
and you do this for each PC you want to map

Hi Zex!
saw that post yes.....did not experiment with it yet......
for me scene selecting by GCP preset (program change) sounds the easiest but I will try that solution too......
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom