GCP is turning effects on and off but won't change patches?

existavail

i use a ground control pro and my axe fx ultra

I've set both things to the same midi channel. The axe fx midi light Indices it's getting a signal but will only turn effects on and off that I programmed but will not change between patches. It used to work and stopped out of nowhere. Just reset the GCP to factory settings and re programmed but still no luck, and also bought a new midi cable

i don't remember if the Ultra has a setting to Ignore PC messages in the I/O MIDI menu. check for that.

well, you DON'T want to ignore PC messages, as that's what changes the presets. it's hard to determine the problem with the information given so far. can you post a picture of the I/O MIDI screen?

well, you DON'T want to ignore PC messages, as that's what changes the presets. it's hard to determine the problem with the information given so far. can you post a picture of the I/O MIDI screen?
Oh okay I changed it back, sure hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 11
Turn program change ON and you might try setting the channel to the actual number instead of omni.

Other than that I'm not sure what it could be.

It's possible that the GCP is sending the preset changes on all 16 channels at the same time so the Axe set to Omni (meaning all 16) is receiving too much information.

It's possible that the GCP sends the IA (effects) commands on a channel other than 1.

I think the answer is in the programming of the GCP since now the Axe has shown that it responds to all types of commands.

make sure that ur gcp is running in "4preset" mode. meaning that you have 4 presets per bank and 8 Instant Access controll buttons where you can assign them to turn effects on and off. Like I would have it on my normal pedalboard. I did it like this and it works just fine. 20150424_121724.jpg

Back
Top Bottom