GAS won. This is on the way....

No Beano will fix that! Lookin' at a CE 24 myself. Retired now so I can't afford the high end stuff like I used to, but the CE 24 looks just about perfect meeting of PRS quality and cost. Not tryin' to steal your thunder man. Congrats on your new guitar!

I've been F5ing the tracking since Friday. I ordered it on Thursday and they said that this color was supposed to be a two month wait. Then they tell me Friday that the shipment came in, they inspected it and it was out the door that afternoon. I've been F5ing ever since. It's kinda funny. It went from Ft. Wayne to an hour away from here on Saturday (kinda splitting the distance between here in York and State College). Then it went back to the Pittsburgh area and now it's "In Transit". Supposed to be here tomorrow....
F5...
F5...
F5...

Sometimes Sweetwater can be a little weird regarding waits. I'm sure it's not them.....they're only telling you what they hear from the vendor. I ordered a Strat from the Fender Custom Shop that was supposed to be only a 6 week wait. It turned into 6 months. By the third delay, I asked Sweetwater if I could just cancel the order and use the credit for a guitar in stock. They were cool about it and I snagged a nice '63 Time Machine.

Show us some NGD pics tommorrow. The PRS SE line is supposed to be really nice.

I don't own a PRS, but I've been to PRS headquarters in Maryland several times and seen Paul speak to the crowd. I've always been impressed by his passion for his craft and company.

I have played a few SE's. Great bang for the buck. I for one was glad to see PRS offer a more affordable instrument. I met Paul a few times. Passion for his craft is a fitting description. I found him very friendly and personable.

Show us some NGD pics tommorrow.

That I can definitely do.

Shipping update: I talked to FedEx and it left the Pittsburgh depot and it's now in Ohio of all places. So, it didn't get closer, it got halfway back to Indiana! FedEx Ground. It will still be here tomorrow, they say. I'm having it held for pickup at a FedEx location 5 miles away because I don't want it out in the possible rain and I know I won't make it home in time to sign for it. Ergo, pics tomorrow or the next day,

I for one was glad to see PRS offer a more affordable instrument

This one was $750-something. Sweetwater has several SE Standard 22 and 24 fret models, including Santana Standards, at the $499 price point, all getting 4 and 5 star average ratings. You can't expect much more affordability for that brand.

OK I've been playing it for about an hour and a half now and I can safely say it's easily right up there in quality with my Luke and my other two EBMM's, my Jem, my EC Artist Series, and the two guitars I had Carvin make for me (and HH2X and a DC800). The pickups sent me into "Rocky Mountain Way" territory immediately. That's what this guitar sounded like to me when I first plugged it in. The Axe was on the stock Funk #49 preset and they (the guitar and the preset) just dovetailed really nicely.

Very light. I like that. Superlegerra. Pickups are surprisingly good for Korean copies of PRS 85/15 house pickups. Crisp and clean, like fresh sheets on the bed. No muddiness when stepping into the heavier amp presets. The neck is fantastic. I have smaller hands (no I don't smell like cabbage, I'm not a carnie) and the neck is extremely comfy. Width at the nut to width at the 24th fret is very good for me. If it was an aircraft wing I'd call that the aspect ratio. The 25" scale length is my comfort zone. Sustainy. Really sustainy. The finish is beautiful, flawless near as I can tell.

Pics on the way.

Last edited:
Congrats. I'm pretty sure you're gonna be real happy with that. I have an SE Custom 24 myself, and love it. Mine has the Floyd bridge. I wasn't planning to buy a whammy guitar that day, but I fell in love with the way it played and looked (amethyst purple). Excellent bang for the buck.

Back
Top Bottom