Gas Attack

I'd be interested to know if the color really is the same as on the photo you attached.
Very much. Got it from Sweetwater. They post excellent photos of their guitars including the serial number. I had asked them to keep an eye peeled for a nicely figured Vintage Sunburst. They posted the instrument and notified me. I checked it out at their website, and snagged it. They took the photos of my new flame down and put the stock photos back up. If they have the instrument in stock, then you get to see the instrument you are buying. If they have no stock, then they use the standard photos. I am blessed to own several PRS guitars and the quality is always superb. I have no qualms about buying a guitar of that quality over the internet.

love Sweetwater, they take care of their folk
Same here. My sales rep (Matt) hung on the phone while I checked out the PRS. Once I gave him the go ahead, he processed the order. No pressure or sales pitch. They have excellent customer service, competitive pricing, and it seems to be a dork-free zone, unlike Guitar Center. If they don't know the answer to a question, they actually make the effort to find an answer.

Same here. My sales rep (Matt) hung on the phone while I checked out the PRS. Once I gave him the go ahead, he processed the order. No pressure or sales pitch. They have excellent customer service, competitive pricing, and it seems to be a dork-free zone, unlike Guitar Center. If they don't know the answer to a question, they actually make the effort to find an answer.
+1
Sweetwater knows exactly how to treat a customer....and it will sustain their business for years to come.
When buying new gear....they are always my one stop shop.

I see what you did there. :D You're gonna be pleased.

Second on the Sweetwater sentiment. The finish on mine was better than the pics my sales engineer Ted sent me. Mine is the second guitar I've bought from them, the first being an Ibanez nylon string.

Don't ignore the big yellow sticker on the box.

love Sweetwater, they take care of their folk

I am a dedicated long time Sweetwater customer too.

I do buy gear from other places too, but like to give them a shot at big ticket items.

Their tech support is really great too. Super helpful in keeping my DAW's up and running through various Windows and Pro Tools updates.

OK, so after a very long lunch, and perhaps a nap, the FedEx guy finally shows up. I did not ignore the big sticker and waited patiently for the guitar to acclimate. Have not had time to grab a shot yet (sorry) but here is the first impression.

Color and looks are a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10. The Vintage Sunburst is stunning. The 85/15 pickups sound killer. They have a very clear voice. Clear with the guitar volume rolled back, and nicely compressed when cranked, but still retain a lot of clarity. Perfect for a player like me who likes clarity and definition in my playing. The coil tap is awesome. She has a broad pallet of humbucker balls and single coil spank with no loss of volume on the single coils. Sweet. The patented "swell" pots are also superb. Very smooth volume increase from off to fully on. Yes!!

Now for the downside. Right out of the box the setup was horrible. String height was 2x the normal spec so it played like a cheapo Cracker Jack toy. Also, as you would expect, with the string height so far out of whack, the intonation was off by almost 20 cents. Yikes! So, I restrung her, properly set the string height to PRS spec, corrected the intonation, and bada-bing, bada-boom, it plays like a PRS should. Sweet!!

I'm not really upset about it, as I set up my guitars myself, and would have done this anyway, but I am at a loss to understand how something like that got by the PRS quality check. Anyway, overall very happy and she is a great addition to my harem. She sounds and plays fabulous dahling.

Your last paragraph was the big surprise. I've bought a few used PRS guitars and the setup and intonation was always perfect, whether wraparound tailpiece or trem. It's the only guitar company that I would buy unseen and have it shipped without a worry. The pickups are another story, but the playability and quality have always blown me away! The newer pickups that they are making are really nice.

Back
Top Bottom