Gary Moore - One Day + Still got the blues preset

Fantastic as always! Which M25 Greenback IR did you use for "Still Got The Blues?" I've had requests for that one and you've gotten really close with what you've got going on there.

Hi Mark,
Your timing is most excellent, my friend.

In June I had been demoing a new HX Stomp while at the same time putting new hardware and electronics into my first LP style guitar: a new FireFly FFLP. It just got new Grovers, a roller bridge, a pair of Fralin Pure PAFs (5% overwound), and Big Leg Circuits' Jimmy Page wiring kit installed and the neck is dialed in. So here I was with a Stomp and a newly upgraded LP style guitar and I'm asking myself what the heck do I even know that I should play to test it out? "Still Got The Blues," naturally. So I programmed the beat into SD3 but never did anything with it b/c I sent that Line 6 product back and ordered my FM3.

This weekend I was just looking for a ready-made tone and look, here you are in a perfect little Dickensian coincidence.

I've been extolling the virtues of the FM3 to Lady Faustus and she isn't particularly interested (her loss); but playing your YouTube vid back-to-back with the studio track she had to admit it sounds spot-on. I guess when I finish my little demo piece for my friends I could link it here (let's see if my left hand wakes up, first).

So thank you for coming along at just the right time with just the right sounds.

I don't think I have that user cab, though. Anything Factory that gets close? I found $15 in the couch cushions and now I have my first commercial cab pack. (Hi, @York Audio!)

Anyway, I can't wait to demo this here at home. Sounds perfect in the video, it's really nice work.

dKrM682.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mark,
Your timing is most excellent, my friend.

In June I had been demoing a new HX Stomp while at the same time putting new hardware and electronics into my first LP style guitar: a new FireFly FFLP. It just got new Grovers, a roller bridge, a pair of Fralin Pure PAFs (5% overwound), and Big Leg Circuits' Jimmy Page wiring kit installed and the neck is dialed in. So here I was with a Stomp and a newly upgraded LP style guitar and I'm asking myself what the heck do I even know that I should play to test it out? "Still Got The Blues," naturally. So I programmed the beat into SD3 but never did anything with it b/c I sent that Line 6 product back and ordered my FM3.

This weekend I was just looking for a ready-made tone and look, here you are in a perfect little Dickensian coincidence.

I've been extolling the virtues of the FM3 to Lady Faustus and she isn't particularly interested (her loss); but playing your YouTube vid back-to-back with the studio track she had to admit it sounds spot-on. I guess when I finish my little demo piece for my friends I could link it here (let's see if my left hand wakes up, first).

So thank you for coming along at just the right time with just the right sounds.

I don't think I have that user cab, though. Anything Factory that gets close? I found $15 in the couch cushions and now I have my first commercial cab pack. (Hi, @York Audio!)

Anyway, I can't wait to demo this here at home. Sounds perfect in the video, it's really nice work.

dKrM682.jpg
Hi mate, you're very welcome.

Your LP looks lovely. Would love to hear it along with my preset once you've done it.

Good luck!

Superb Mark, thank's for sharing. I always enjoy your choices and playing.
Just wondering where you go for your backing tracks?
Thanks man.
I normally just get them from YouTube and download the audio file, if I can't get it from YouTube, there is a site that I use but I can't remember what its called. I have it saved on my Mac at home so will check later and let you know.
Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the preset. But me that does not work.
I have no sound and the message "Warning" and CPU limit-Muted. However, the CPU is at less than 60% of use.

Back
Top Bottom