Garage Band experts?

Jimmytwotimes

Experienced
I'm trying to figure out if I can make patch/scene changes on my XL from Garageband.
So during a recording, instead of making changes to scenes/patches via my foot controller, I want to put an automated midi change in garageband at certain points in the track that would change the scene in my Axe.
Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but the changes are during difficult parts in the song, and I would rather concentrate on my playing than trying to tap dance on my foot controller.
I'm not even sure that Garageband can do it, I've tried to search the web and really can't seem to find out one way or the other.
Thanks in advance for any help!

You'll have to record the scene change midi, from either your axefx (using a scene midi block) or any midi CC controller, into GarageBand and then play that midi back into your AxeFX. Set the CC number for scene change on your AxeFX to respond to that midi for scene changes when you do the playback.

You'll have to record the scene change midi, from either your axefx (using a scene midi block) or any midi CC controller, into GarageBand and then play that midi back into your AxeFX. Set the CC number for scene change on your AxeFX to respond to that midi for scene changes when you do the playback.

So basically create a separate track for the midi change only and basically "record" it in real time - and when I play it back it will make the change... I just have to have the correct CC #'s etc. I will try that - thanks !

Back
Top Bottom