Gamers - are you looking forward to PS5/Xbox x?

I am an avid gamer and guitar enthusiast. Unlike the axe, the updates to console are fewer and far between.

I am really looking forward to the release of the PS5. I sold my PS4 last year to try an Xbox x but was underwhelmed by the choice of games. Each platform has its own exclusives but I like story driven games and off late, PS5 seems to have many more exclusives geared towards that.

Are you looking forward to the release of the new generation consoles, and which one would you be buying?

I’ve always been a PS guy, so it’s going to be the 5 for me. Sony has an excellent track record with exclusive content that consistently surpasses what MS has to offer, in my opinion.

I may end up going with the digital edition, as I haven’t purchased any physical media in years. Plus, my toddler has this amazing ability to shove objects in disc slots if I look away for only a second. There’s probably at least $5 in change currently inside my PS4.

defnitely, waiting on preorders to open so i can reserve 2. tired of fighting my kids for the controller, lol

Just waiting on that pre-order option and I'm all over it.

I didn't get back into games until about 10 years ago when I played COD for the first time. I was hooked on those games until GTA V came out, which I played for hours every day for 5 years straight. Really crazy how much entertainment that game provided for me and the group of people I met on there. I love adventure games and especially open world games, the Far Cry's, Tomb Raider, just knocked out Ghost Of Tsushima (A+ game!), etc.

The several times in life I've played an XBox, the controllers just felt so weird in my hands that I didn't enjoy it.

We haven't had cable in years, so having the PS3/PS4 give us the option for Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and Amazon Prime, we're good to go on the idiot box stuff.

I have to upgrade my TV....I'm still on 1080 there. Ugh, the horrors!

My XBox One X died about a month ago. I've been gaming on a dual-boot iMac since then. I may not bother with the new XBox this time around as a result. The iMac is every bit as good as the XBox graphics-wise and faster in a lot of other ways. I'll probably never go M&K, but that XBox One X may have been my last console.

Xbox One S user here, I usually wait a year or so before i pick up the newest console. By then they have usually released their second gen of the console and have ironed out any bugs that were present in the first gen. lol

O yes, looking fwd, will get one!

I usually give my old console to my 80 yr old Mom when i get the newest one. Good day for both of us! She's on the 360 now, I have the xbone.

FS2020-Airbus-A320-Neo-scaled.jpg

This is a screenshot. PC MASTER RACE.

I think you need the proper TV and specs to get the most out of the new Xbox and PS5
Yeah I think we need to get in a preorder first. PS5 preorders have been an absolute disaster. Scalpers have been using bots to use up preorders in minutes, if not seconds.

there’s a Reddit thread and folks are frustrated.

I got the ps4 pro last year, so I kinda want to see how much better this thing is. Plus, the games they're making now might not take advantage of the new processing power. I dont really know if thats a thing but makes sense to me.
But, with that being said, I still might pull the trigger on one because I'm an idiot.
And. I've been playing more PC games lately and it seems like the exclusively of games is not what it used to be.

I got the ps4 pro last year, so I kinda want to see how much better this thing is. Plus, the games they're making now might not take advantage of the new processing power. I dont really know if thats a thing but makes sense to me.
But, with that being said, I still might pull the trigger on one because I'm an idiot.
And. I've been playing more PC games lately and it seems like the exclusively of games is not what it used to be.
PS5 is truly a generational leap. Ray tracing, SSD and the Tempest audio engines are the highlights. We all know about ray tracing but game developers are heaping praise on the audio engine as well.

I might have to disagree with you on the exclusivity comment, but it’s subjective. 2 of the best games for me so far have been Spider-Man and HZD. HZD will not be ported to PC for a long time. I’m also looking forward to cyberpunk simply because...Witcher 3.

Getting both. But really looking forward to my new pc build for my simulator titles, but like most things...waiting on supply. Been waitlisted for intel for 3 months now, and Italy still has export restrictions to certain countries...so my new rig is not exactly imminent.

I'm in no rush to get either.

First, it will take a while for both to put out games designed for the new systems. So many games are delayed, so 2021 or 2022 seem like a better time to get invested in new hardware.

Second, both Microsoft and Sony have put out "intermediate" consoles the past generation (PS4 Pro, Xbox One X). It'll probably happen again.

Third, I don't want a white PS5. I like my consoles to blend in with my entertainment system (black).

Fourth, there are still too many unknowns. We don't know what the system UI is like for either, we don't know precisely what's backwards compatible and what isn't, we don't know which games will get free upgrades and which you'll have to buy again... Lots of hype, but not enough details.

Then it comes down to console exclusives. Sony has traditionally been more appealing to me because they have so many game studios under them churning out quality content (God of War, Spider-Man, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted). Now that Microsoft has wisely chosen to acquire a number of developers, the Xbox game division is going to be stronger than ever. They've purchased Double Fine, ZeniMax/Bethesda, Obsidian, and several others so that they're not just the Halo/Gears/Forza company anymore. I'm hoping MS buys Bioware from EA's incompetent clutches, but that's another topic...

Then there's Nintendo. Weak hardware and fantastic games. They're likely to do something peculiar again in the next few years too.

Anyway, with the pricing plan that MS has put out for the Series X (monthly installments like a cellphone instead of paying all at once), I might pick up one this holiday to play Cyberpunk since that'll be cheaper than a new PC graphics card and Game Pass is infinitely better than PlayStation Plus. We'll see...

I had some of the older systems, just to be able to play some couch games with friends. I still have a PS3 I modded to play retro games on, and would play Gran Tourismo on when I couldn't sleep at night. I don't even think it boots anymore, PRAM battery maybe. I'd have to see some really amazing shit on a console for me to want a new one.

I've always been a PC gamer since way, way back. Like Ultima on the Apple ][ back.

I gave up video games about 20 years ago and have put that time and energy to better use. It shocks me today to hear people brag about earning achievements related to playing a certain game for a great number of hours. I call it wanktallying.

I gave up video games about 20 years ago and have put that time and energy to better use. It shocks me today to hear people brag about earning achievements related to playing a certain game for a great number of hours. I call it wanktallying.
I agree. I cannot get behind the whole grinding thing. Plus, with family and everything, I barely get time.
I like story heavy games on the easiest mode available.

Back
Top Bottom