Gallien Krueger 250RL/ML Tone match Patch

This was the same head that was also a little lunchbox combo wasn't it? Man those were big on the bar circuit I played back in the late 80's. Great clean/chorus sound as well.

Thanks so much for sharing this @Superdave0422 ! I am new to Axe-Fx iii and just imported your preset. I’m having fun with it. It brings back lots of memories!

Did you use your Axe-Fx iii to create the tone match? I noticed when I bypassed the tone match it sounded completely different. It sounds amazing with the tone match!

I love my 250RL to death. It is at its absolute best when run stereo into 4x12s. Having pulled it out the other day, hooked it all up 4cm, I realized how insanely noisy these things were. Operating in such a clean, quiet environment in the Axefx, the poor ol' GK sounded quite primitive. I still like it. It sounds like the future.

Thanks so much! Just got my Axe 3 a couple of days ago. I’m building my Maiden tones right now since I’m playing in a Maiden tribute band. This is most welcome!

@Superdave0422

Not sure if you are still following this or not 3 years later but you are my hero. I've been chasing the tone from Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son for years. To me your preset sounds even more like the album than my experimentation with the real equipment does (and without all the noisy hiss). Would love to get some updates/additional maiden scenes from these albums (maybe song specific). A maiden Seventh Son focused 2100SEL preset would be amazing too. I'd be more than happy to donate funds for any all of these if that's what it takes! It blows my mind that no one has done anything to reissue/clone/model these amps. So many people seem to hold their unique tone and chorus in such high regard.

Back
Top Bottom