G90 Wireless

Pete

Inspired
So.. I bought a Line 6 G90 wireless system to go with my Ultra.
I love it... but I have noticed that when I go wireless the input doesn't tickle red regardless of how far I turn up the Input 1 knob.. its only really registers the green light one below red.. when using cable I can set input to around 1 o clock and it will tickle red... is this just something that happens when using wireless?

So.. I bought a Line 6 G90 wireless system to go with my Ultra.
I love it... but I have noticed that when I go wireless the input doesn't tickle red regardless of how far I turn up the Input 1 knob.. its only really registers the green light one below red.. when using cable I can set input to around 1 o clock and it will tickle red... is this just something that happens when using wireless?

Which inputs are you using for both cases?

Front
It doesn't seem to affect the sound any.. but its tricky knowing if its just that it can't clip or is clipping and not showing lol

Well yes.. except.. when I change guitar.. before using the wireless I had a poisition for my Suhr and then a position for my Vigier which is active... now I have no reference as I can't get the clip light to register.

I didnt have any problem getting either my old Ultra or the II to clip from my g90, but I do route it through a Soundsculpture Switchblade (with 0db of gain).

Don't know if this would work for you, but I run the G90 balanced into the Axe-Fx II rear input (L). I don't have any problems getting either of my main show guitars to tickle the red. Les Paul with 57 Classics and a Strat with Kinman Woodstocks.

I am running a G90 into the AxeFxII front input and able to tickle the red easily - I am not sure what the issue would be.

My G90 doesnt display any differences from using cables. I have my input at 100% and takes a really hard strum to get the reds to light with any of my guitars. The results are the same though using eiter the cables or G90.

Last edited:
I'm not hitting the red nearly as much with the G90 as with the G50... running into the rear input for now

tvegas99 said:
I'm not hitting the red nearly as much with the G90 as with the G50... running into the rear input for now

Did u check the I/O? If you're input is "stereo" or "sum," then switch to "left only" or something else.

Running G-90 into Axe II and have no prob tickling the red with my PRS or Les Paul. Check all your settings on your G-90 transmitter, just to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom