G66 has opened its waiting list

Again, I said, given the units reliability, this shouldn't be a problem. Also, given any warranty nowadays, shipping to get the unit back to the manufacturer is usually down to the customer anyway. As for support, I have had no problem upgrading firmware, or programming the unit, so what support would G66 be of use for anyway?

I dont know, honestly. Simply because i'm still on the waiting list since months. And i actually asked the same on a german board ("What does "support" in that case mean?").

The only real difference i see is, IF there is a warranty issue - paying 10,- to send it to G66, or 100,- to send it to the US. And even then, the guy who bought it for you would have to take care of it, as - as far as i understood things correctly - warranty does not transfer to people outside of the US.

I will do it...but, I've lost my belief in a real shipping date ;-)
Thanks!

From what a few guys said in this forum, customers up to december are in the "top" of the list. If everything goes well, I would say you'll be in the first shipping turn.

To clear up a few things....... I bought my AxeFX Ultra from a seller in the US, and got it shipped (insured), imported (paying full customs duty) and delivered to my door in less than two weeks, and saved €350 on the G66 list price, not including their delivery charges. This was both cheaper and quicker than buying from G66 direct.

Now, if third party sellers in the US can do better deals on the Axe FX than G66, where is the sense in buying the Axe FX II from G66 at all, given the previous generation units reliability?

I can't still get the point, private sellers can offer their box at any prices they think is ok, then?
I don't understand which is the relationship with an official distributor.
All of us, I think, if possible, buy where we can get the best price, if it is the case from a private in US if you find it, but again how many ULTRA there were on EBAY last week?
So coming back to the point, if a manufacturer decide to have a distributor and a service point in a given country, probably he also decide the price on that market together with the distributor, and they also can decide ; as Fractal done, that you can buy only from this distributor, this is the sense of the matter.
Then again if you find a better deal via ebay or whatever, this also is a market possibility and is up to you decide what is good for YOU.

Angelo

I don't get what all the fuzz is about. The price is EU is not that much more than if you would buy it yourself from Fractal Audio. Shipping would be around 125 USD, plus customs at 5%, add another 25% for VAT (if you like me live in Sweden) and it's 3052 USD. That's 2150 euros, which is only 150 less than what G66 are asking.

I can't still get the point, private sellers can offer their box at any prices they think is ok, then?
I don't understand which is the relationship with an official distributor.
All of us, I think, if possible, buy where we can get the best price, if it is the case from a private in US if you find it, but again how many ULTRA there were on EBAY last week?
So coming back to the point, if a manufacturer decide to have a distributor and a service point in a given country, probably he also decide the price on that market together with the distributor, and they also can decide ; as Fractal done, that you can buy only from this distributor, this is the sense of the matter.
Then again if you find a better deal via ebay or whatever, this also is a market possibility and is up to you decide what is good for YOU.

Angelo

The point is that there is a very real alternative for those who don't like the waiting lists that will inevitably arise from G66, especially given their poor performance in 2011. Given that in 2011, G66 didn't ship Ultra's (according to a previous post) the waiting time for an ultra could be circumvented by going to a third party, and getting it not only cheaper, but quicker.

Market price is governed by supply and demand. G66 charge what they charge because the market can withstand it, not purely because of their costs of importation, although these are a factor.

;)
The point is that there is a very real alternative for those who don't like the waiting lists that will inevitably arise from G66, especially given their poor performance in 2011. Given that in 2011, G66 didn't ship Ultra's (according to a previous post) the waiting time for an ultra could be circumvented by going to a third party, and getting it not only cheaper, but quicker.

Market price is governed by supply and demand. G66 charge what they charge because the market can withstand it, not purely because of their costs of importation, although these are a factor.

That there is this "alternative" isnt a surprise for anyone I think ;) , but again, taken your example: demand is, how much in europe, 500 units or more? (someone stated 1000 people waiting list) Well, how much Ultras and Standards were there on ebay last week? 3-4 pieces? Then, what about alternative? Now, and this is a very special momente there are 24 AXE on ebay: have I to say more?

;)

That there is this "alternative" isnt a surprise for anyone I think ;) , but again, taken your example: demand is, how much in europe, 500 units or more? (someone stated 1000 people waiting list) Well, how much Ultras and Standards were there on ebay last week? 3-4 pieces? Then, what about alternative? Now, and this is a very special momente there are 24 AXE on ebay: have I to say more?

3-4 pieces is still better than the 0 that G66 supplied. I'm also aware of tactics that companies (and whole industries) use to manipulate the price of their goods. To my mind, the price difference between the US and Europe isn't justified. Reasons have been given, but they're really not good enough.

Yep
Probably soon we will have on the european market a new Fractal distributor which will discover a way to sell AXE II cheaper than G66!.................and survive :shock

I have to point out at this stage that this is my only gripe with G66 or Fractal. They do an amazing job with their free firmware updates, and even though I own my Ultra less than 6 months, I'm not annoyed at all that the Axe FX II is out so soon after my purchase. I am also not in the market for the new unit, as my current one is doing a great job.

However, it isn't too much to ask for a level global price for a new unit. A previous poster has pointed out that he could hypothetically get the unit bought, imported and shipped from the US for €150 less than the European asking price.

If I am going to be in the market for either an Axe FX II or II Ultra, I will not buy it from G66.

So I should pay extra money just for G66 to survive.....? :D :D :D

Last edited:
No problem BigD it's only a fair discussion, as already stated I have been one of the first user in Europe and have bought my AXE from a guy in US so....

I would definitely pay some extra to get professional service what Im getting from G66.

I wrote yesterday email to their tech support, Jochen, that there is something wrong in my another Atomic FR. And what do they do. They just send immediately a new one, and ask me the day when they could send courier to pick up broken one. They are located in Germany and Im in Finland! Isn't that REAL customer service?? Wouldn't you pay for this kind of service quality when you are purchasing high end equipments? I would! You are not buying and dealing with some low end stuff which you can get from almost every music store. I'm very pleased the way G66 works and manage their customers!

I would definitely pay some extra to get professional service what Im getting from G66.

I wrote yesterday email to their tech support, Jochen, that there is something wrong in my another Atomic FR. And what do they do. They just send immediately a new one, and ask me the day when they could send courier to pick up broken one. They are located in Germany and Im in Finland! Isn't that REAL customer service?? Wouldn't you pay for this kind of service quality when you are purchasing high end equipments? I would! You are not buying and dealing with some low end stuff which you can get from almost every music store. I'm very pleased the way G66 works and manage their customers!

I run my Ultra through a studio reference power amp and two full-range speakers, so I can't comment on the Atomic Amps range, or how G66 handles their customer base in this regard. In your case, if I was you, I would pay a little extra, definitely. By the sound of it, the service they provide is quite good, and above the expected average.

However, I don't have a need for that kind of service, given the reliability of the Ultra, so why should I, or people in my situation pay extra? Also, given that it has been an Atomic Amp and not an Axe FX that needs repair, the only thing justified is the extra payment for an Atomic amp, not for an Axe FX.

Mid June 2008 - Ultra was 1899€
Mid June 2010 - Ultra was 2199€

In the meantime the $ hit low points against the € (especially during the fall of 2010).
G66 never adjusted their prices when the exchange rate became more favorable again.
They did increase the price by 300€ in a 2 year period...go figure...

No matter how efficient their customer service is it is price gouging to me.
Then again coming from a company with an exclusive dealership agreement it's not surprising.

The new Axe II seems to be a fine piece of gear but I will never buy it at such an inflated price.

for those who ordered the axe fx 2 in g66 , did you all received "sussi" confirmation ? i'm still waiting for , would like to know if i'm the one ...lol

I can understand some of the arguments but it's not FA and G66 alone. Most - if not all - products are "cheaper" in the US than in Europe. I myself often buy things there and even if I have to pay customs I save serious money.
So, do what you please - I'm going to buy G66..

I can understand some of the arguments but it's not FA and G66 alone. Most - if not all - products are "cheaper" in the US than in Europe. I myself often buy things there and even if I have to pay customs I save serious money.
So, do what you please - I'm going to buy G66..

Completely in agreement. It's a sign of the times I suppose that Europe tends to get shafted regarding pricing, and I don't hold Fractal responsible, just G66. What happens when one company gets an exclusive distribution deal is a monopoly. I don't mind paying for the unit at all, as this funds Fractal R&D and will ultimately result in a better unit. I do object to paying extra to a company that's function is purely to deliver the unit to me.

Back
Top Bottom