G66 has opened its waiting list

Jeggs- You should have gotten an account registration confirmation and then a confirmation email immediately.
Did you use the purchase tab and fill out your personal information?

Last edited:
People with no sense of business should not make comments of this sort. Educate yourself on how this works and then see if you can figure out how to do it better. I don't think you will.

I though you could guess buy now that the limited availability of Gen1 Axe-Fx could very well have to do with the reactions you have been reading here from people that did get one lately. I am very sure that Jaques and Sussi would love nothing more than take everybody's money and supply them with an Axe-FX ASAP. You can check that currently they do not have much else on their website to sell. That is what they do and what puts bread on their tables. And they do it well. Any shortage in supply is not their choice.

Get a friend in the US, have him buy it and ship it over. Then see what you do if the unit breaks down.

Just three weeks ago my three year old Ultra reveiled to have a broken XLR output. Axe's of that production run have been known to blow a diode if they get Phantom power applied to the XLRs. The design has been corrected since. I shipped it to them and within a week it has been repaired and back in my hands, no charge!

I'm not making comment on their customer service, I'm sure it's great and they're great, you clearly think so and I have no reason not to believe you.

On the 'sense of business' thing ....the fact is, getting hold of one of the old units in europe was about as easy as finding rocking horse sh*t. I heard no one has received an AxeFx at all in 2011 from G66. So the news of a new model seems slightly odd to me unless all the supply problem have been fixed, at the moment is just sounds like the waiting list has gotten longer.

All these people queueing up to give money to fractal, not everyone is going to wait 6, 7 8 months and thus will spent their money on competing products.

Please tell me what how's that's good business?? It's great to have demand but the waiting times experienced in europe for this product until now are beyond that of what's good for business, especially in an industry where technology moves so fast and new products are appearing all the time. Assuming someone got their name on the waiting list today, in 4 months time when their name is still way down on the email list, they'll be other products to catch their attention.

Don't get me wrong, the product sounds awesome but unless I can get one in *reasonable* then it's my interest in it isn't as high.

Dont get your point several:
If you are complaining G66 about the long waiting list, this is not up to G66 it's a Fractal's "fault"
If you are complaining G66 about markup, me and other guys here have explained that this isn't the case.
If you are complaining Fractal because their way to announce products way before they will become available, you can easily find other examples for cars and for new processors and for videogames, the choice is vaste!
This is the way the commercial world is and, anyway, as you stated, you are completely free to change your mind and buy another products because they DONT ask you for any money before.

ANgelo

I heard no one has received an AxeFx at all in 2011 from G66. So the news of a new model seems slightly odd to me unless all the supply problem have been fixed, at the moment is just sounds like the waiting list has gotten longer.

I'm pretty sure, they never actually planned to sell anymore units since 6 months. i really really doubt that they were not aware of the whole thing, they just decided at a certain point that they wont sell anymore 1st Gen units - which is, seeing the bitching ala "I JUST BOUGHT AN ULTRA LAST WEEK!!11" everywhere, a good decision if you ask me. It was just poorly executed, i see they wouldnt want to leak any info so they HAD to pretend that the order was normally accepted, but all the postponing every 4 weeks is really poor salesmanship.

If G66 would have told me right away "Dude, 6 months" - o.k., i would have menawhile gotten me all the other stuff i needed, like the spare/"B-rig" poweramp, the new Furman and so on and so on - but i had to calculate that i had to cough up 2200,- within "the next 3-4 weeks", so i pushed the side-investements to a later point of time...its end of the year until if inshed this now propably...

And IF they didnt knew anything, i would stay away from sentences like "WE WERE PREPARING THIS DAY FOR OVER THE LAST 3 MONTHS!" - which is out of their latest Email, so keeping in mind how "trustworthy" times-pan-infromations from G66 are, they are in reality preparing this for over half a year now - which is exactly since when no more 1st Gen units have been sold.

Last edited:
OTOH, with such an announcement (no unit for the next six months/new axe II on the horizon) probably many people would have buy another product or left the waiting list or whatever, and someone other would have complained about Fractal announcing new products too early and so on.
So probably a well thought decision!

Dont get your point several:
If you are complaining G66 about the long waiting list, this is not up to G66 it's a Fractal's "fault"
If you are complaining G66 about markup, me and other guys here have explained that this isn't the case.
If you are complaining Fractal because their way to announce products way before they will become available, you can easily find other examples for cars and for new processors and for videogames, the choice is vaste!
This is the way the commercial world is and, anyway, as you stated, you are completely free to change your mind and buy another products because they DONT ask you for any money before.

ANgelo

I'm not really complaining about G66 themselves, I'm saying that how the product is sold in europe 'sucks', end of story. Whether that's the the fault of G66 or Fractal, doesn't matter.

It's a guitar processor, you can order a car, have it built in germany and delivered to you in quicker time than you'd get one of these. Whichever way you look at it, there's nothing good about that.

And to address one of your points, what company or product do you know of that has announced a totally new version while people are still queueing up to get the old one?

It's like being in the queue for iPad 2, standing inline at the store and hearing that Steve Jobs has just announced iPad 3.

Whilst I think it's great fractal don't want to rest on their laurels and want to improve their products, it would be better first if they made it easier for people to buy.

Last edited:
Yes you are right but then you are in the new queue and will get double the old thing for quite the same price! :)
I know very well how is frustrating to have to wait sooooo long for a new toy, I have waited about 8 months for my first unit, but it is a new toy at the end, and I think that nobody that seriously work with the music, has sold their rig before to get this toy.
Taking your example I can compare AXEFX to an M series BMW or even to a Ferrari: how many time do you have to wait between the order and the car arrival?

European Pricing Difference!

+1 Agreed. Thats's a ridiculous price difference, no matter what the overheads. Why not have a Fractal Audio European base that imports direct from the factory? :?

Do you have an even rough idea about how many does it cost? I guess no!
Make a little search about haw many manufacturer has such an organization in europe an about their SIZE! And stop to waste time writing!
A bit rude? I know but its necessary :twisted

To clear up a few things....... I bought my AxeFX Ultra from a seller in the US, and got it shipped (insured), imported (paying full customs duty) and delivered to my door in less than two weeks, and saved €350 on the G66 list price, not including their delivery charges. This was both cheaper and quicker than buying from G66 direct.

Now, if third party sellers in the US can do better deals on the Axe FX than G66, where is the sense in buying the Axe FX II from G66 at all, given the previous generation units reliability?

To clear up a few things....... I bought my AxeFX Ultra from a seller in the US, and got it shipped (insured), imported (paying full customs duty) and delivered to my door in less than two weeks, and saved €350 on the G66 list price, not including their delivery charges. This was both cheaper and quicker than buying from G66 direct.

Now, if third party sellers in the US can do better deals on the Axe FX than G66, where is the sense in buying the Axe FX II from G66 at all, given the previous generation units reliability?

You have no warranty and no support. besides that, everything is fine.

Sorry if I appeared rude in my previous post, but I think I'm making a valid point. The price difference for European Customers is huge. (PS: I work in the electronics industry for a company supplying products worldwide so I do know how much distribution involves and costs. The markup IMHO is still too great...). Just my 5 cents......

Which shop?

It was through a private seller, but the unit was new, original box with the plastic still on the screen. Good deals are there, if you can find them, and given G66's lack of sale of the old units through 2011, and the waiting list that there inevitably will be, I reckon that this is the way to go.

That's the point one more time

Sorry if I appeared rude in my previous post, but I think I'm making a valid point. The price difference for European Customers is huge. (PS: I work in the electronics industry for a company supplying products worldwide so I do know how much distribution involves and costs. The markup IMHO is still too great...). Just my 5 cents......

I think, as a distributor of plastic parts and semifinished products, that a 35% is not too much in any way, this is not a billion pieces market

Angelo

Last edited:

Again, I said, given the units reliability, this shouldn't be a problem. Also, given any warranty nowadays, shipping to get the unit back to the manufacturer is usually down to the customer anyway. As for support, I have had no problem upgrading firmware, or programming the unit, so what support would G66 be of use for anyway?

It was through a private seller, but the unit was new, original box with the plastic still on the screen. Good deals are there, if you can find them, and given G66's lack of sale of the old units through 2011, and the waiting list that there inevitably will be, I reckon that this is the way to go.

This is for sure a good way, me too have done the same way with my first std because there were no G66, but the lack of service remains.....
Anyway, usually :roll , there are not so much AXE on the market!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom