G66 Axe Fx Announcement (April Fools)

Whoa- what??

This is the text of the G66 page in google translate:
THE CHASE FOR TONE strikes again
We write Easter 2013th For the first time there is a video in which we get to know Cliff Chase in Persona. The Cliff Chase, who in the past seven years umkrempelte the digital signal processing, turned to the left and has thus asked the guitar landscape upside down. A nobody in the music business who has seemingly done everything right. A pioneer who was thought to be unapproachable of the few! Know something and now with its latest flagship all again tops and his work touches the crown because he is here, the long awaited AXE-FX III, Cliff Chase newest trick

FANTASTIC NEW FEATURES

Improved operation!
New, finely selected amp models from the 'Rare & Boutique' range!
Total 122 amp models!
39 new pro level speaker simulations!
100 user user IR memories!
MIMIC new technology: balancing of the model with data at many points of the circuit! Original Cliff Chase: "Do not you enjoy the amp simulation, you like the real amp not even"
Artist CABs by James Santiago and John Petrucci!
Improved Drive models!
Real BIAS controlled tremolo effect in the amp block!
Advanced control options in Looper block as definable start / end point, manual start Looper, Modifier links.
And many improvements and enhancements!

NO PRICE INCREASE
And best of all, the guitarist happy maker of the third generation is at the same price * as the previous Axe-Fx II is available, and not only that, Fractal Audio has pulled out of the long-term shortage of supply for the Axe-Fx II release his teachings and are quietly on prepared for the onslaught of giant and filled the warehouses packed to the ceiling ...

LONG DELAYS ADE
Therefore ... there will be no replacement for this generation sit around waiting and G66 has also conscientiously prepared and this time is able to meet in a few days, the expected high demand.

AXE-FX 3 OR AXE-FX III
A nice anecdote: In a secret ballot, with just over 100 (many years) Axe-Fx users, which had to sign each individual a confidential secrecy document, by the majority clearly for the Roman form of writing, so AXE-FX III and not the Axe-Fx 3, decided, namely II as a reference to the highly successful Axe-Fx

AXE-FX III - HISTORIC CHANGE
The work of Cliff Chase has a significant influence on the world's production, processing and improvement of guitar sound, in countless locations around the planet, whether studio or on stage, and will be reinforced with the new AXE-FX III again. The size of this benefit is can probably not for several decades appreciated globally.

OPEN, HONEST AND TIMELY INFORMS
In many personal phone calls, we have had with Cliff - where it here mainly concerned orders, quantities, future ideas and business matters - to us is always the incredibly honest, yes partially striking open type of Cliff Chase noticed: no bluff, No sales pitch, no A for an O fool, no exaggerations, no excuses - a conversation counterpart, the we so were able to see on such a 'sympathetic manner never before and so it's not surprising that we have time now, and although before the turn of the forthcoming AXE-FX III Release and knew we could prepare an organizational as well as technical stock comprising it.

NO 1000 Euronen
Axe-Fx II for existing users, there will be loud Cliff Chase in the coming weeks a hardware upgrade kit. Accordingly, it being understood that this is a processor card with a new quad-core Tiger Sharc DSP, which is to be put on the upgrade patch panel inside the unit and can be performed by the owner with a little knowledge of soldering itself. Prices for the upgrade kit are not yet known, but it is hit with less than 1000 Euros to book. Further information about upgrading soon.

Happy April Fools everybody!!!!
Man, G66 is brutal...

Last edited:
and there at the bottom, says that owners can upgrade the Axe II hardware themselves, with a quad core tigersharc processor, at less than 1000EU for the part, if I got that right.

lmao and all it really is boiled down, is....

FW10 FOR. THE. WIN.

hahaha good one guys, good one! (but I would sure like to upgrade my processor with a quad core!!!(even though my human ears would probably never notice the difference...))

The funny things is, there probably will be an announcement of a new product imminently, possibly at the end of next week when FW10 and AE TNP is released.

i absolutely hope that this is an april 1st joke, otherwise i'd be really pissed

I have an agreement with my wife. She said if I put wood flooring in the house, I could buy the next Axe FX product without selling the previuos one first. I would still of course have to sell the previous one at some point.

Finished the flooring months ago.

Part of me is hoping this is not an April fools joke.

I mean I understand that photoshop can do a lot of things these days, but you have to admit, that pic with the mimic button looks pretty real

DAMN YOU APRIL 1ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep refreshing this page in hopes of finding out whether this is true or not.

Do Germans celebrate April fools????
I lived in Germany for 6 years, you would think I would know.

English version is out!

A THUNDERBOLT AT EASTER -
THE AXE-FX III III IS HERE !

THE CHASE FOR TONE CONTINUES
It’s Easter 2013 and for the first time there is a video that finally lets us get to know Cliff Chase in person. The same Cliff Chase who over the last seven years has revolutionised digital signal processing and turned the guitarist's world on its head. He was a nobody in the music business, who has obviously done everything right; a pioneer who has up to now remained somewhat unapproachable and about whom most people know very little. Well, now this pioneer has excelled himself once again and really has put the icing on the cake this time, because the brand new Axe-Fx III is here, Cliff Chase’s latest masterpiece!

FANTASTIC NEW FEATURES

Improved user interface!
New carefully selected amp models from the “rare & boutique” section!
A total of 122 amp models!
35 new pro level cabinet simulations!
100 User Cabinet slots!
New MIMIC technology (Multi-point Iterative Matching and Impedance Correction): correction of each model using analytical data collected at various points within the original amp’s circuitry! In Cliff’s words: “If you don’t like the amp simulation, you won’t like the original amp either.”
Artist IRs from James Santiago and John Petrucci!
Improved Drive models!
True Bias Tremolo effect added to the Amp block!
Extended control options in the Looper block, such as freely definable start/finish point, manual playback start, use of modifiers with Play, Reverse and Half controls!
Plus many more improvements and new features

NO PRICE INCREASE
And best of all, this third generation guitarist’s dream machine is available for the same price as the Axe-Fx II. Not only that, but Fractal Audio have learnt from the supply problems at the time of the Axe-Fx II’s release and have quietly been preparing for the expected rush of orders – the warehouses are packed up to the ceilings…

NO MORE WAITING LISTS
…so this time there will be no long waiting lists to deal with. Of course, here at G66 we have been doing our homework too and this time we will be able to cope with the expected high demand from the word go.

AXE-FX 3 OR AXE-FX III
A quick related anecdote: in a secret vote of just over 100 long standing Axe-Fx users, each of whom had to sign an document swearing them to secrecy, a clear majority decided in favour of using Roman numerals, i.e. Axe-Fx III as opposed to Axe-Fx 3. Too great was the influence of its exceptionally successful predecessor, the Axe-Fx II.

AXE-FX III - HISTORICAL CHANGE
Cliff Chase's work has already had a significant effect on the production, processing and improvement of guitar sound in countless situations worldwide, both in the studio and on stage. This effect will certainly be increased with the Axe-Fx III, though the real extent of his influence will almost certainly need a few decades to become properly apparent.

OPEN, HONEST AND ON THE BALL
The many personal telephone conversations we've had with Cliff Chase – mainly about orders, shipment sizes, future ideas and other business stuff – have repeatedly shown his honest, sometimes strikingly open attitude: no bluffs, no sales tactics, no exaggerations, no excuses – never before had we experienced a business relationship in such a pleasant and uncomplicated manner. And so it is hardly surprising that we were notified of the upcoming Axe-Fx III release even before the New Year and have thus had enough time to able to prepare ourselves properly.

UNDER 1000 EUROS
For existing Axe-Fx II users there will be, according to Cliff Chase, a hardware update kit available in the next few weeks. This will be a replacement processor board with a new TigerSharc Quadcore DSP and can simply be plugged into the upgrade slot inside the Axe-Fx II. Only a minimum of soldering expertise is required, so the majority of users will be able to carry out the upgrade themselves. The final price for the upgrade kit has not yet been announced, but will definitely be under 1000 Euros. Further information will be available shortly.

G66 - UND ER IST DA: DER AXE-FX III

Well, in this video on the website Cliff talks about what the next logical business move would be, given the price segment that the Axe Fx II serves. That sounds to me like targeting the lower price segment since it is a huge market. Could mean that Fractal will release a unit with the same algos, and therefore the same sound quality, but with less features. Or they even releases the algos as a plugin. In that second case I would jump for joy.

Back
Top Bottom