G66 appreciation

Didejek

Inspired
Few weeks ago we had lightning strike near my workshop and home. It was beginning of the storm so I didn't unplug all expensive equipment as I normally do and while my Axe FX II (mark 1) was not connected to mains, it was plugged to my computer with USB and unfortunately got damaged as a lot of my other equipment including CNC machine in my workshop.

I bought my unit 4 years ago so it was beyond warranty period (not that it matters, things like this are not covered by warranty) and I asked G66 if they could repair it. Ole got back to me asking for serial number to check if unit was bought from them and we arranged shipping. After few days I got message from Sussi that unit is damaged beyond their capabilities and that they shipped mainboard to FAS. Unfortunately it turned out that board is not repairable and FAS no longer has spare parts required for repair of Mk1 unit. During whole communication G66 stressed that they will do all they can to make repair cost as low for me as possible and when it turned out it's not possible to fix my unit they still offered me incredible discounts on new XL+ or AX8.

Although I'm sad that my unit can't be repaired, I'm really thankful for unparallel service that G66 and FAS are providing.

I just have to chime in and confirm that I have exactly the same experience with G66. Their service is on its own more than sufficient reason to buy Fractal products (or other gear) from them.

All these lightning strikes!
I'm in England and we might have a power cut every few years. Lightning storms, maybe a few times a year.
Should I be worried? I use a surge protector connected to a remote control power point switch because it's behind my desk. I always turn it off when leaving the house but would you guy recommend unplugging during a storm?

G66 are the European embodiment of everything that makes Fractal Audio such a success. I am proud to be a customer of both these fantastic companies.

Always disconnect or unplug mains connection of any valuable equipment when leaving home and surely when a thunderstorm is going on or announced. Quite sad to lose a Axe Fx that way, even if you got a killer price for the replacement.
G66 are top notch professionals, extremely kind and reactive.

G66, Jaques, Susi and Jochen are great. Nothing compare to them. They helped me more than one time, always quick and with a big heart for the problems of a musician without his AXE!

Just chime in after long time because it is mandatory for me to join the choir! All the good things to Sussi and Jochen!

I lost one of the ABCD knobs. Wrote an email to Sussi, and will get it free of charge as well as two t-shirts :) G66 and FAS are simply the best!

Back
Top Bottom