G3 modeling thread

Yes there is. It just happens to be on an extremely long timeline compared to that of most tech products.

Planned obsolescence refers more to a product released often making the previous product obsolete. I'm not exactly sure how long the Axe Fx 2 has been on the market but I'm guessing 3 yrs + and the Axe Fx Standard and Ultra are still being sold second hand.

If the Axe Fx III came out tomorrow ~
I would still keep using my Axe Fx II because I don't need every pedal at my beckon call (although that would be sweet) ;)

You guys were asking about the G3 Recto? Well here's a comparison clip with G3 Recto vs a real Mesa Roadster on channel 4 in modern mode. Most of the difference is the guitar and the guy playing it. I mute very differently to Irotlas who recorded this slave clip. And you know what? EQ is all set to 5. Drive 7, presence 0.5 and master 2.00. Other than that it's the G3 RECTO2 RED MDRN with it's stock settings.

Oh my... doesn't make me miss my Roadster that much anymore. :lol

Sounds like there's a lot more than the palm muting differences. The 2nd clip has much more low mid chunk to it, and has that low-end "kerrang" that Rectos are known for.

attachment.php

I remember the excitement of anticipation back in the 70's when G3 meant nothing. This was all that mattered in the world to me. Still pretty cool I must say!

Holy Shit!! I had one of those!!! Coolest bike ever! :)

Looks like that bike has a jockey shift ? Very cool, though likely for perhaps a few crashes when kids took their hand of the bars and looked down at the shift

Planned obsolescence refers more to a product released often making the previous product obsolete. I'm not exactly sure how long the Axe Fx 2 has been on the market but I'm guessing 3 yrs + and the Axe Fx Standard and Ultra are still being sold second hand.

If the Axe Fx III came out tomorrow ~
I would still keep using my Axe Fx II because I don't need every pedal at my beckon call (although that would be sweet) ;)

Hence my original statement that the planned obsolescence is on an timeline that's waaaaaaaaaay longer than most tech items.

Looks like that bike has a jockey shift ? Very cool, though likely for perhaps a few crashes when kids took their hand of the bars and looked down at the shift
You mean you were supposed to keep your hands on the grips. Shit, I thought those were just for quick turns. To think, I was riding around with no hands half the time. Lucky to still be alive I guess. I should have just played it safe and waited around the house speculating on G3:eagerness:

Back
Top Bottom