G3 Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ John Petrucci:s tone clips where are those?

Hey Dimebucker =)
Yes, I do have a bunch of presets I can share.. sorry for not posting lately, I've been busy mixing some stuff that will come out soon..
The new G3 amps are awesome and improved a lot in feel!

I'll take some time to share the presets with you guys..

Still waiting :encouragement:

Great news...

And as an addition to this thread, i would like to share some information about what i do to recreate my G2 MarkIIC+ presets with G3 models..

*First of all, i have changed all of the G2 MarkIIC+ models with the +DP named ones in G3..(G2 MarkIIC+ Bright ---> G3 MarkIIC+ Brt/DP)
*I engaged 'boost' on my every MarkIIC+ rhythm presets..I didn't use it in G2 ones but now i do.
*Then i have reset the 2nd and 4th band of the graphic equalizer(mark V) in the amp block.. In most of my presets it is in V shape and the 2nd and the 4th bands were boosted(3-4 dbs) but in G3 ones, i keep the other bands nearly same and i need to set the 2nd and 4th as '0' or lower(in some of my presets they are '-2-2.5' now..)
* Some of the G3 drive blocks have much gain than the G2 ones so i have to reduce the drive of them (in some presets i use '1- 1.5' drive level, which was on '4' in G2..

That's all i have learned yet, i hope it will help others too..

Nice to hear you are back and working on there some new idea ,let see what you will end up uploading there nice to hear those clips when those are ready. Lets see if that your clip/clips will finally show where that G3 IIC+ can go ,i have feeling that those results will give direction for me update or not update to G3.

Guys, I'm planning to do something really big related to mr. Beard.
I talked to mr. Clark Kent/Mikko/ML Sound Lab (as you prefer hahaha) about it, and he supports the idea.

I can't say exactly what it is right now, but you can expect something really big!

Best IIc+ patch I have downloaded. What I mean is, it works extremely well on my setup. Rare find indeed.

Haha thanks man!

For anyone interested I'm posting my patch.

I'm using an Ibanez Rg with a SSH+ hb on the bridge and an IR from Cab Pack 7: CK (or ML or whatever that guy likes to call himself nowadays:lol) USA Trad SM57 B2.
Stock cabs 73 and 130 are pretty good too.

FW19.01b

Are you on Q1 or FW19 JJunkie???

Just asking because I just found your clip today alcyppa, and it sounds really really really really.........really good ;-)

I'm on Q1.01. But you see, there are lots of great sounding clips on the forum, but very rarely do the presets translate well for my use. It has a lot to do with the differences in fingers, gear and listening environments. Alcyppas patch doesn't sound the same at my place as it does on his recording, but it still sounds good in a different way.

Created a simple patch today, think it sounds pretty good isolated but havent tried in a mix yet. Could use a bit more tweaking on the low end. Let me know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom