G3 FW18 mini review

I've been listening to the various demo clips of G3 and it would seem that, in general, the amps sound much more 'in your face' and are really capturing the angry vibe of an amp that's 'sweating' and working. More rude, bold, punchy, dynamic, and lively. Even on cheesy laptop speakers I can hear those improvements....

Coupled with FAS saying that G3 brings a much improved feel/connection with the amp G3 is looking better every day. My anticipation is growing indeed; fun stuff!

I think his tone is consistent because of the mids! Mark's tone has usually a tube sceamer boosting the amp thus giving it even more mids. It cuts well in the mix and still sounds huge on it's own! And don't forget the fingers! Mark's playing is so fluid and gracefull! I enjoy seeing his hands moves around the neck as much as earing his wall of sound tone!!

? ironically my memory is he scoops the heck out of em, in the graphic eq built in and the one he used to add.

So what happened to G3? The rhetoric got to a fevered pitch and just died off. Not even any new clips as of late. It's got to be close to public beta time at least.

So what happened to G3? The rhetoric got to a fevered pitch and just died off. Not even any new clips as of late. It's got to be close to public beta time at least.

Uh. There's been new clips every day this week.

I mean, we can only speculate so much...same goes for how much content/info the beta team can provide. I think we've all just settled in anxiously awaiting the drop.

Man, I wish I could describe what I'm hearing with the clips. Hard to put into words and I've been playing guitar since 1985.

It is like watching a movie in surround sound where you can hear little details that you wouldn't pick up on without it.

Back
Top Bottom