G12K-85 and vintage G12-65 IRs

warlockII

Fractal Fanatic
I shot IRs of my 80's Peavey 4x12 angled cab with original Celestion G12K-85 speakers. I then replaced one of the 85's with a vintage G12-65 and shot some more IRs. I hope that someone finds them useful. This was my first time attempting to make IRs, so please feel free to give constructive criticism, etc. The letters represent the speaker starting at the top left speaker and going clockwise. CE is cap edge. E is outer edge and A is angled. The mic is an Audix I5 which is similar to a SM57. IF you care I used a Crown power amp and a X32 rack w/out any preamp sims, eq, etc.

Attachments

• My G12K-85 and G12-65 cab ir's.zip
    390.6 KB · Views: 32
It's a shame that people have such a disdain for Peavey as their old 4x12 cabs were built so much better than Marshall cabs.
They worked fine for me for metal back in the day. These Butcher Series were well reviewed back then, but I did remove the Peavey logos as that wasn't metal enough :)

I bought a Peavey Adrian Vandenberg guitar from a guy for $400 and he offered the cabs for $200 each. That was in the early 90s. It was a great deal all around.

They worked fine for me for metal back in the day. These Butcher Series were well reviewed back then, but I did remove the Peavey logos as that wasn't metal enough :)

I bought a Peavey Adrian Vandenberg guitar from a guy for $400 and he offered the cabs for $200 each. That was in the early 90s. It was a great deal all around.
I'll gladly give you back your cash for all 3 items :)

I'll gladly give you back your cash for all 3 items :)
I sold the guitar to my buddy... I sometimes regret that decision.

The cabs probably would cost a fortune to ship. I should probably put them up for sale locally as they'll almost certainly never get used by me again.

126 views so far. I'd love to hear feedback/ideas of what to do differently next time...assuming any of the viewers have given them a shot.

Back
Top Bottom