fx8 with external od pedals

hi, can you use the relay functions on the fx8 to turn od pedals on and off? so they can be set up in scenes so one button turns on the od, delay, reverb, etc?

thanks

Hi...you need pedals with a remote control ...The bogner ecstacy red and blue have that function but i don't remember any other OD.If you have multiple pedals You'll prefer a multiple switcher/looper controlled by fx8's Midi out

thanks. does anyone run od pedals right into the front of the fx8? sound good and difference rather than running through the loop?

Last edited:
thanks. does anyone run od pedals right into the front of the fx8? sound good and difference rather than running through the loop?
I've run overdrives into the front of the FX8 and they sounded great, the same result you'd expect from an analog board. If you're wanting to run effects into your overdrive(s), you can place them between the FX8 and the front of your amp (OUT (PRE) L > OD > Front of amp).

If you're using 4CM and place the OD's in the FX8's loop, they will be going into the loop of your amp so that's how they would sound. Not trying to insult your intelligence or be condescending here, I've over thought things several times that made the obvious is not so obvious.

you're using 4CM and place the OD's in the FX8's loop, they will be going into the loop of your amp...
I'm not following you. Either way, your pedal won't be in the loop of your amp unless you place it there.

I'm not following you. Either way, your pedal won't be in the loop of your amp unless you place it there.
If you connect an overdrive to either POST location of the FX8 in 4CM, the pedal will be in the amp's effects loop..

If you connect an overdrive to either POST location of the FX8 in 4CM, the pedal will be in the amp's effects loop..
Yes, but if you connect the overdrive to Pre Out, it'll feed the preamp in, and it'll still be in the FX8's "loop."

I was attempting to use the same terminology as the OP, getting into semantics won't help them. I'll be more than happy to explain in further detail if @stratsurfer doesn't understand what I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom