Fx8 with Boss ES8 noise and no proper output

Ok, this is an odd one, my Fx8 works fine in 4CM but I'm building a board where the Fx8 sits in its own loop from the Boss ES8 and is used as a switched Multi-Fx. I'm using pre in and out as per the manual but when i select any Pre based presets I just get a lot of electrical noise as though the input isn't being driven but the output is !
I'm going to try the Boss Forum too, but any ideas are always welcome

So you are looking just for one loop setup correct? Not 4cm wiring with the es8... Does seem odd. Is your preset setup with all effects as pre?

To troubleshoot eliminate the es8 and plug your guitar into pre in and pre out into the amp input. Get that working first so you know whether its the es8 or fx8 causing the issue.

It fixed itself !, powered it all down, unhooked the USB and it works !. I must admit I hate things that do that so it’s investigate closely when I get some days off. Yes, I’m not using it in 4CM as it’s a dedicated fx loop for all the silliness that the ES switches, Hog2, Super Ego plus, Infinite Jets, EHX Ravish, Mel 9 and Boss RC 300 looper.

Back
Top Bottom