Wish FX8 Wish List

I think it's been mentioned here before, but I would love to be able to put the effect on/off switches in any position on the board. Drive1 is something I use the most and when it is switch #3 i often miss it due to the bar below the knobs (I have big feet). Would love to be able to put drives in the lower row of switches without affecting the order in the signal path.

I think it's been mentioned here before, but I would love to be able to put the effect on/off switches in any position on the board. Drive1 is something I use the most and when it is switch #3 i often miss it due to the bar below the knobs (I have big feet). Would love to be able to put drives in the lower row of switches without affecting the order in the signal path.

+1

Regarding the Global MIDI Volume control - it would be nice if it were possible to set & store min, max, & curve settings as is possible when using a volume block. Currently I'm using a Volume block just because I prefer this over the linear 0-127 MIDI control. I don't mind giving up a block in order to be able to set min, max, & curve levels, but I would certainly fill that block with something else if global volume had this functionality.

+1 on the global volume control.

+1

I totally agree. Over the years I've settled on a distinct pedal arrangement and it would be nice to place the effects where I'm accustomed to them being. Drive and delay pedals for example I always keep up front because they need to be accessed quickly going in and coming out of leads.

Last edited:

That is in the works. I believe it's actually running on the AX-8 and just needs to be ported to the FX-8.

Not sure if this is possible but would like to see a "freeze" specific block added to the block inventory. I've seen that we're able to replicate it with a delay/reverb hold but would be cool to only have to designate (1) switch for it similar to the EHX pedal. Thanks!

I'd like to see some kind of visual indication on the LCD screen if what effects are on at the time. Yes, I know the lights by the switches will tell me, but if I use a number of presets, or map the switches differently from the screen, I may not remember which swhich switch is doing what.

Not sure if this is possible but would like to see a "freeze" specific block added to the block inventory. I've seen that we're able to replicate it with a delay/reverb hold but would be cool to only have to designate (1) switch for it similar to the EHX pedal. Thanks!
With Scene Controllers, you could create a scene that activates the Hold function. One switch. :)

Imagine if you always use the Auto engage for the Wah so the Wah block's stomp switch is unused....so instead of wasting it's functionality you are able to assign that switch for the Wah block to a different function.
Maybe as a second X/Y choice for another existing block....say, Drive 1 or Drive 2...so then you have two more drives to pick from....
Or if DSP concerns dictate X/Y can't be assigned that way maybe use the Wah block switch as a level boost instead of being uselessly chained to activating/deactivating a block that you always use the Auto engage feature for.

Or as a "Favorite Preset Switch"....

I would love to be able to swap blocks without having to be connected to FX Edit. In the FX8 manual, it says you can move blocks without FX Edit but you can't swap them. Has this been changed with the new firmware?

I'm a looper nut and I would love to see a fade out loop option... not when overdubbing, but when pressing stop. Set it to repeat and fade in a preset amount of time. This feature is probably much more complicated to implement than I realize though.

As far as looping goes, rather than an auto fade, I'd rather have control of loop feedback assignable to an exp pedal- it is a much more musical way of working with loops.

Back
Top Bottom