Wish FX8 Wish List

hippietim

Axe-Master
  1. It would be really handy if I could tell the FX8 (and AxeII) that I am tuned down for the purposes of auto-adjusting intelligent harmonies. I play with some folks that tune to standard and others that tune down a half step (like the gig I did today). It would be nice to not have to have multiple patches for common things like diatonic 3rds in G (or whatever). So a global option to say "I'm tuned down so please compensate for that when processing intelligent harmonies" would be very handy.
  2. This one may sound bizarre - I would like an option (at least for the filter block) to have the effect on/off light indicate the opposite of it's current state. I use the Filter block as a volume un-boost. So when it's on, it is actually attenuating the volume and when it's off it is full volume. So I would like to light up the LED when it is off since my "boost" is on. I tried using the Filter block as an actual level boost rather than an un-boost and did not get the same sort of results - I simply did not get the volume increase like the un-boost strategy.
  3. A Klon.

3. A Klon.

latest

Cliff, would you model the Klon if someone sent one in?

I can totally understand if not... People seem to think this thing farts angel dust, so even if you modeled it to 101% accuracy I don't think people would be happy. :eek-new:

I sort of said this on another thread, but we should be able to choose how ever many of a particular block we want in a preset (unless a DSP limitation is reached).

For example, on the M-13, you can have 12 different OD stomp boxes in a preset or 12 different mods. My basic "scene" is six different OD pedals, the Chorus, Phase, Flanger in the next row, then trem, a slow gear type delay and then a 1/2 step pitch down (all pre) Would really like to have that ability on the FX-8. A two block limitation is understandable on the original Axe-FX, but I just don't see why that limitation is hard wired on the Axe2, XL or FX-8. While scenes can help in creating this type of pedal board, it would be easier to just add whatever types of blocks you need until DSP is reached. I assume that probably having 8 reverbs might cause a meltdown, but not 8 OD pedals

So, I'm asking Pharaoh to let my OD blocks go!

I think the Synth block in the AxeFX should be in the Fx8....
And about this G3 drive block on the new 19.0 firmware beta on axefx?
Will it be on a future update on fx8 as well?

I would happily accept a pile of fuzz models:

Zvex fuzz factory
Zvex mammoth
Voodoo labs superfuzz
Any fuzzhugger
Green Russian muff
Black Russian muff

I could go on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just got my FX8 today but only had about 30 minutes to check it out (i'm subbing with a great band in NYC on saturday and have an assload of songs to learn). anyways.... unless i'm missing something, i wish there was a way to scroll up and down through the presets (not the banks) using the bank up and down buttons like i do on my liquid foot 12+ midi controller. you can assign those two buttons to quickly scroll through the presets while at the same time have the ability to turn each pedal on or off without changing the mode. i saw on page 8 of the manual that there is a "sticky preset/bank select" mode but this is not what i'm talking about.

so, as an example: buttons 1-8 always stay in stompbox mode and the bank up and down buttons scroll through the presets in order- A1, A2, A3, A4 if you click the bank up button and A4, A3, A2, A1 if you click the bank down button. is this a possibility in the future?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom