Wish FX8 Wish List

For a Drive, I'd like the VOX Satchurator distortion pedal.

Is there anything that does the Adrenalinn III arpeggio effect? If not, that'd be super cool

EverTune bridge your guitar and you won't look at that tuner during a show ever again (unless you use a trem bar that is).

I would like to be able to configure where the effects are located on the pedalboard independent of the signal chain. This would allow commonly used effects to be on the bottom row.

This. I'm new to Fractal gear, so I didn't know what it could and could not do. So as I'm setting it up, this seemed logical to me. Like using a true bypass looped at the front of pedalboard No putting effects away from your foot. Wire them up in any order but have the footswitches for my most used effects on the row closest to me.

Two more wish list items:

1. Swapping blocks is only possible using FX8-Edit. I would like to see swapping supported from the unit directly. This could be supported when moving a block, if the spot you move a block to already has a block defined then prompt the user whether to overwrite the destination block or swap the blocks.

2. Allow the Noise Gate to be assigned as Pre or Post. When set to Post, the gate should be the first thing in the Post processing order. This will allow use of the gate as the first thing in the loop without the need to use a Gate block as one of our eight effects.

Really loving the FX8 so far. Thanks for listening to user input!

+1 For the Synth.

Agreed here too!

I'd go so far as to say the axe fx synth block should be made into a pedal all on its own! It really is fantastic.

Both the Bass player and clarinet player in my band (who both currently play through line 6 effects) are amazed by the axe fx II. They'd go for the FX8 right away if it had the synth block but as it stands they're looking at some other things... Bass usually only plays one note at a time and the clarinet can't do polyphony so the synth would be perfect for both these instruments. Neither of them need the amps that come with the axe though.

Any chance that the synth block will be added in a firmware update?

i'm currently programming my FX8 and use presets MUCH more than scenes.

would it be possible to reverse the ways to get into scene select mode and preset/bank select mode?

for example, instead of pressing and holding the scene-preset/bank button to engage preset/bank select mode, you would be able to engage preset/bank select mode with a single foot tap (and visa versa). it would speed things up greatly for those of us who use a lot of presets and still need to have access to stompbox mode quickly and easily. thanks!

I have played a couple of gigs with the FX8 now and here is what would like to see as someone who uses presets exclusively.

1. The ability to make the bottom 4 buttons assigned to presets in a bank and the top 4 assigned to a row of blocks that can be turned on/off within that preset. I am coming from using a Voodoo Ground Control Pro with an Axe FX Ultra and am used to having the controllers be able to be toggled off/on within the presets. With the FX8 I have to create additional presets if I want to add effects and be able to access them with one button during a song.

I have played a couple of gigs with the FX8 now and here is what would like to see as someone who uses presets exclusively.

1. The ability to make the bottom 4 buttons assigned to presets in a bank and the top 4 assigned to a row of blocks that can be turned on/off within that preset. I am coming from using a Voodoo Ground Control Pro with an Axe FX Ultra and am used to having the controllers be able to be toggled off/on within the presets. With the FX8 I have to create additional presets if I want to add effects and be able to access them with one button during a song.

This ^^^^ please!!!!!!

Put a Filter block in your preset, and attach the Frequency parameter to ENVLP. Or, for even more flexibility, use ADSR instead.

Please add a mixer between the pre and the post loop so we can use pre in/output and post in/output for two different sources like microphone in pre and acoustic guitar in the post loop.

Thank you!

1. The ability to make the bottom 4 buttons assigned to presets in a bank and the top 4 assigned to a row of blocks that can be turned on/off within that preset.

I'm a new Fractal & FX8 user, so I'm still learning the ropes to some extent, but this is definitely an interesting idea. Although I wonder if I might prefer to be able to choose between having the bottom row of switches be for scene selection (vs presets) with the top row for IA type stompbox functions within the preset. I really like the x/y & scene functionality a lot, but I'm still getting used to having to press two switches for switching scenes. I think I might be okay with just 4 scenes per preset if it meant being able to jump from scene to scene (or preset to preset) with a single press.

Regarding the Global MIDI Volume control - it would be nice if it were possible to set & store min, max, & curve settings as is possible when using a volume block. Currently I'm using a Volume block just because I prefer this over the linear 0-127 MIDI control. I don't mind giving up a block in order to be able to set min, max, & curve levels, but I would certainly fill that block with something else if global volume had this functionality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom