FX8: Wet/Dry Rig

elchampion

Inspired
Hi guys! This might be a silly question since there's plenty of info out there on how to create this type of rig with pedals. The last two nights I haven't been able to create the type of sounds I heard this W/D set up do.

These are my two amps: I'd like my dry sound to come from my Swart AST and my Effected sound from my Mark 5:35. Should I be using the effects loop in the Mesa? or Do I go GTR --> IN(pre) -->Out (Pre) -->Swart --> Out (post) --> 5:35. Basically all my pre Amp effects will go out to the swart and Post Amp into the 5:35.

Any tips from you guys out there that are doing this type of set up will save me a lot of time.

Depending on what you're trying to do, W/D setups can be confusing to setup. I've done this so I understand your dilemma, lol.

Are you trying to use only one amp's preamp section? That's pretty easy to setup. Or are you wanting to use both amps' preamps? That's a bit more complicated.

Depending on what you're trying to do, W/D setups can be confusing to setup. I've done this so I understand your dilemma, lol.

Are you trying to use only one amp's preamp section? That's pretty easy to setup. Or are you wanting to use both amps' preamps? That's a bit more complicated.
Thanks for chiming in Deadpool_25. I played with it a bit last night and connected the Mesa V35 using the 4cm and then used the (R) of the OUT (PRE) to go into the Swart. After messing with the levels, it began to sound pretty good. Tonight I'm going to do the same thing but run the 4CM into a Fender Supersonic 22 with a Pro Junior.

Thanks for chiming in Deadpool_25. I played with it a bit last night and connected the Mesa V35 using the 4cm and then used the (R) of the OUT (PRE) to go into the Swart. After messing with the levels, it began to sound pretty good. Tonight I'm going to do the same thing but run the 4CM into a Fender Supersonic 22 with a Pro Junior.

How's your W/D rig coming along?

How's your W/D rig coming along?
Thanks for asking! It's working out great! Once I level out the amps with the Dry a bit louder than the Wet, it sounds great! I love the way the Multi Delay block sounds. Still need to mess with it more to work out the amount Wet but that's the fun part!

Awesome. So would you describe your rig routing and such? Still using both V35 and Swart preamps? Are you running the pre effects through both amps and just post effects through the wet amp? What cabs? Any external effects? Rig rundown! Lol

Awesome. So would you describe your rig routing and such? Still using both V35 and Swart preamps? Are you running the pre effects through both amps and just post effects through the wet amp? What cabs? Any external effects? Rig rundown! Lol
I've got 2 sets of tube amps that I'm using with this set up. Set one is The Swart AST and the 5:35. Set two is a Fender Pro Junior and Supersonic 22. The Super sonic 22 and Mesa have the effects loops, so those amps serve as the Wet. I route them as you would for the 4CM shown in the manual and then take the (R) side of OUT 1 to either the Swart or Pro Junior for the Dry tone. Works really well after the levels are set. On the Grid anything before the (A)mp of course goes to both amps, effect after only go to the Wet amp. If I really wanted to go crazy I would hook up another amp to OUT 2 R and have W/D/W stereo rig.

Cool. I did the W/D/W thing for a bit. I also did a stereo setup and a W/D. All were awesome. The WDW I did with my TC-50 on the dry and my AxeFX2 providing the wet sides through my Matrix GT1000FX. That was pretty cool. All the setups work great which is one aspect I love about Fractal--flexibility. With all that said, I've recently been trying to simplify a bit, but without losing access to too many effects (just in case I want to try them). So I've gone back to just running a single amp (TC-50). I'm redoing a pedalboard that'll be the FX8 (pre, with occasional post FX) and a few outboard pedals like the BigSky and Timeline (post).

Cool. I did the W/D/W thing for a bit. I also did a stereo setup and a W/D. All were awesome. The WDW I did with my TC-50 on the dry and my AxeFX2 providing the wet sides through my Matrix GT1000FX. That was pretty cool. All the setups work great which is one aspect I love about Fractal--flexibility. With all that said, I've recently been trying to simplify a bit, but without losing access to too many effects (just in case I want to try them). So I've gone back to just running a single amp (TC-50). I'm redoing a pedalboard that'll be the FX8 (pre, with occasional post FX) and a few outboard pedals like the BigSky and Timeline (post).
I've never tried the Strymon pedals because the day I do I will be rethinking my whole set up! lol. With my FX8 im using EJ fuzzface into a digitech freq out, EP booster, SP-1, Keeley Neutrino, bonamassa wah, FX8. Everything fit onto a Pedal Train Pro boardexcept for the fuzz face and EV-1. I'd love to try those Eventide H9 pedals.

Back
Top Bottom