FX8 V5.04 Released

Looks like the AX8 is going out of production with the release of the FM3. Wouldn't be surprised if the FX8 follows. Time to give up on anymore updates. :rolleyes:

Maybe. But not necessarily though.

With the way they've neglected maintenance and firmware on the FX8, I'm not confident they'll release another FX type model.

Unfortunately we don't have the numbers - either the FX8 was a failed experiment for an effects-only unit, or we're going to see something new. Only time will tell.

either the FX8 was a failed experiment for an effects-only unit, or we're going to see something new.
What makes you think it failed?

AFAIC in it's present format it's still head and shoulders above any other floor based EFX unit on the market. I see no need for a replacement, at least not at this point in time.

What makes you think it failed?

AFAIC in it's present format it's still head and shoulders above any other floor based EFX unit on the market. I see no need for a replacement, at least not at this point in time.

If they don't replace or update it, it may be fair to say it's dead. If the company doesn't see a point in pursuing the effects-only floorboard, I would probably categorize it as a failed idea. A great idea, but a finished one.

If they don't replace or update it, it may be fair to say it's dead. If the company doesn't see a point in pursuing the effects-only floorboard, I would probably categorize it as a failed idea. A great idea, but a finished one.
So you've repeated your previous statement, but I'm not hearing any reason for an update, at least at this point. What in your mind needs improving?

IMO, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

AFAIC before a product can be improved it must be first proven there is a need for improvement over the current unit, or some sort of advancement in technology and as far as the FX-8 is concerned I see neither.

I just don't believe in putting out a new model every x number of years unless it actually offers something new, and at this point I don't see what a new efx unit could have to offer.

I'm not saying it won't happen, I think it will. But right now as far as the FX-8 is concerned I see no need to rush toward a new unit until some remarkable idea comes along to replace what is already the best idea on the market.

Last edited:
So you've repeated your previous statement, but I'm not hearing any reason for an update, at least at this point. What in your mind needs improving?

You don't think more power to run different combinations of effects, new effects (some like the vocoder on the III) and scribble strips would be an improvement? Change the form factor to be in line with the FC modular idea? Reduce noise floor, the USB out and ability to run as interface?

What “new company?”

Back
Top Bottom