FX8 V5.04 Released

Do anyone here think it's worth buying an FX8 or holding off for a new unit? I've been holding off but I'm losing patience.
Well personally, I've been motivated to seek an alternative solution for some time. I've tried (and rejected) L6 offerings. I've considered going back to analog. Yet, I persist using the FX8. I think there's a veiled testimonial in there somewhere.

Perhaps try to buy used at a good price? Fractal doesn't get a plug nickel from used sales. Perhaps that's all the profit they deserve given their neglect.

Last edited:
Do anyone here think it's worth buying an FX8 or holding off for a new unit? I've been holding off but I'm losing patience.
There's a B-Stock available for $799. Can't really beat that deal for a unit that would give you a warranty. I know there's a group of users who are really soured by not having an update that fixes a backup bug but it's still a great multi-effects unit, by far the best I've ever used.

Re:updates I have taken to using the save preset as template option on FX edit. It may be more time consuming but I at least have a collection of my base preset/block settings that I can (relatively) quickly turn back to if something happens

Re:updates I have taken to using the save preset as template option on FX edit. It may be more time consuming but I at least have a collection of my base preset/block settings that I can (relatively) quickly turn back to if something happens
I use the snapshot feature for that

I've been waiting patiently for an update for a while now, but maybe I don't understand what the problem is. Are people unable to back up their presets? I just use the export function in Preset Manager and dump them all into a folder. I get the ease of backing up the unit all into a single file, but I'd rather have them all individually anyway, so that I can reorder them easily as needed for different gigs.

Or am I missing something?

I've been waiting patiently for an update for a while now, but maybe I don't understand what the problem is. Are people unable to back up their presets? I just use the export function in Preset Manager and dump them all into a folder. I get the ease of backing up the unit all into a single file, but I'd rather have them all individually anyway, so that I can reorder them easily as needed for different gigs.

Or am I missing something?
You cannot back up any individual presets or preset banks to your PC/laptop using Fractal Bot V5.04. It's been like this for months now and the company don't give a rat's ass about fixing it. By the way, thanks for the Preset Manager tip; at least I can now back up songs individually which is something at least :)

Last edited:
You cannot back up any individual presets or preset banks to your PC/laptop using Fractal Bot V5.04. It's been like this for months now and the company don't give a rat's ass about fixing it.
I think you can do it anyway just by selecting all the presets you want in the preset manager (fx8-edit->tools), right click and export.

I don't use Fractal Bot for anything other than firmware updates, which is as we all know is an edge-case event at this point. Heck, that might not ever happen again in my lifetime. FX8-Edit provides me everything I need. Just saying.

You cannot back up any individual presets or preset banks to your PC/laptop using Fractal Bot V5.04. It's been like this for months now and the company don't give a rat's ass about fixing it. By the way, thanks for the Preset Manager tip; at least I can now back up songs individually which is something at least :)

The Fractal-Bot is a Midi Utility for upgrading firmware. So I don't think it is that no one cares it is just not what that tool is mainly for from my point of view.

The Preset manager in the editor is the tool or a better tool for backing up presets or in this case the only reliable tool.

Last edited:
The Fractal-Bot is a Midi Utility for upgrading firmware. So I don't think it is that no one cares it is just not what that tool is mainly for from my point of view.

The Preset manager in the editor is the tool or a better tool for backing up presets or in this case the only reliable tool.
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom