FX8 V5.04 Released

J

joe rogers

The FX8 Firmware revision V5.04 is now available for download! As always we suggest you back up your FX8 with Fractal-Bot before proceeding with the upgrade.

FX8 Original V5.04
FX8 Mark II V5.04

Release Notes:

Additions:
  • Improved Delay block. Also reworked the Deluxe Mind Guy, Mono BBD and Stereo BBD delay models based on the improvements.
  • Added “Blackglass 7K” Drive model based on a Darkglass B7K. The model was obtained with the Attack and Grunt switches in the middle positions. The Grunt switch changes the low-cut frequency therefore the Low Cut control can be used to replicate this switch. The Attack switch controls a shelving filter on the input and can be replicated using the Tone control.
Fixes:
  • Fixed Learn function in Pitch block not working if modifier attached to the Learn parameter and not in GUI for that block.
  • Fixed a bug that caused MIDI CC mapping issues.

the Darkglass B7K is a bass preamp?

b7k.png

Same here - Fraxctal Bot 2.8.5 freezes while receiving a preset bank from FX8 5.04

I tried a full reset of everything on my FX-8. Even with all blank presets and factory settings, the backup fails. This is definitely a software bug.

Same issue here. Backup initiates and FX8 screen "Bank Transfer In Progress" hangs
Running Fractal Bot 2.8.5

Reverted back to Firmware ver 5.03. Fractal Bot is now able to complete a backup.

So, I loaded ver 5.04 again to see if by chance that Fractal Bot would complete a backup. Again, the backup hangs and doesn't complete.

I guess it's back to 5.03 until 5.05?

Last edited:
Same issue here. Backup initiates and FX8 screen "Bank Transfer In Progress" hangs
Running Fractal Bot 2.8.5

Reverted back to Firmware ver 5.03. Fractal Bot is now able to complete a backup.

So, I loaded ver 5.04 again to see if by chance that Fractal Bot would complete a backup. Again, the backup hangs and doesn't complete.

I guess it's back to 5.03 until 5.05?

Same thing here. Do you have an FX-8 MK II like me?

I'm also having trouble backing up Preset banks (FX8 Mark II with FW 5.04 and Bot 2.8.4 and 2.8.5). I can backup individual presets just fine. I think it even backed up everything/system a couple weeks ago. BUT I cannot backup Individual preset banks. The progress bar goes to 16%, then drops to 0% and the text is stuck on "Now receiving: Preset Bank A". The FX8 gets stuck with "Bank Transfer in Progress" . After that I can restart fractal-bot, but can't do anything with the Fractal-Bot until rebooting the FX8 because of a time out error. This is on Mac High Sierra with a 2011 iMac.

Hi guys I have an issue with fx8 edit I install the 1.7 software and now the fx8 edit won't open. I'm running a Mac with 10.6.8 any thoughts? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom