FX8 V5.04 Released

FWIW, the old Line 6 M-series pedals had a pretty fast latency turnaround for whammy/harmony.

Before the FX8, I had the Line6 POD HD500 for several years. I can confirm: The harmonizer wasn't that good sounding, BUT: pretty fast, nearly no latency.

At the end of the day: I prefer a Harmonizer with a lower quality algorithm and low latency over a harmonizer with high quality algorithm and longer latency. Because playing harmonies at faster tempo with longer latency just sounds WRONG (not in tune).

It's been a year to this day that ver 5.04 was released. However, no fix to correct the backup failure issues with Fractal Bot has been put forth. I would have expected to see a resolution by now. So, my FX8 remains at ver 5.03, unable to take advantage of the improvements in ver 5.04. It would be nice for someone at Fractal to address this one day, sooner than later. As it's quite late already.

Just wondering if anyone spent enough time using 5.04 (before reverting back) to comment on the improved delays? Is there any specific information on what was improved (e.g. specific parameters)?

I’m still using 5.04. It’s been so long that I can’t remember the exact improvements to delays. A couple of drives were added.

Guess I’m in no real hurry. I just updated from 3.01 to 5.03. I’d went to 5.04 but I don’t want any problems.

Just curious, the AXE family didn't have any update in FX recently? I mean, are there many pedal and quality to add to the FX8 from the AXE 3?

It's been a year to this day that ver 5.04 was released. However, no fix to correct the backup failure issues with Fractal Bot has been put forth. I would have expected to see a resolution by now. So, my FX8 remains at ver 5.03, unable to take advantage of the improvements in ver 5.04. It would be nice for someone at Fractal to address this one day, sooner than later. As it's quite late already.

The way I look at it... it's been longer since an update was released. As the support page says:
Firmware 5.03
Zip Archive—Jun 29, 2017

Firmware 5.04 (Unsupported Beta)
Zip Archive—Nov 14, 2017
Please see the included Release Notes. Version 5.04 has trouble receiving preset banks in Fractal-Bot. It is provided here as an unsupported beta.

So the last update really was Jun 29, 2017. It's Dec 21, 2018.

Thoughts and Prayers...

MFGA (Make FX8 Great Again)

The FX8 Firmware revision V5.04 is now available for download! As always we suggest you back up your FX8 with Fractal-Bot before proceeding with the upgrade.

FX8 Original V5.04
FX8 Mark II V5.04

Release Notes:

Additions:
  • Improved Delay block. Also reworked the Deluxe Mind Guy, Mono BBD and Stereo BBD delay models based on the improvements.
  • Added “Blackglass 7K” Drive model based on a Darkglass B7K. The model was obtained with the Attack and Grunt switches in the middle positions. The Grunt switch changes the low-cut frequency therefore the Low Cut control can be used to replicate this switch. The Attack switch controls a shelving filter on the input and can be replicated using the Tone control.
Fixes:
  • Fixed Learn function in Pitch block not working if modifier attached to the Learn parameter and not in GUI for that block.
  • Fixed a bug that caused MIDI CC mapping issues.
Seems like no more updates for the FX8..Looks like a good time to sell before they're worthless.

Back
Top Bottom