FX8 V5.04 Released

Is it not possible to give a short information about working on a non-buggy fw? We wait till months... For me this is more important than announcing fantastic new products. Working with 5.03 is not an option for me because of the MIDI-Bugs, and I need the full-backup-possibility for my 2 FX8s.

Last edited:
FWIW. I put 5.4 on my FX8 when I got it. The reason is because when I hooked the fractal bot up to the FX8 the new FW was highlighted and I didn't know any better.
I later reverted to 5.3 because of what I saw here .then I gott error messages saying that presets weren't compatiable with 5.3 because they were created with 5.4
I went back to 5.4 ..........no problems so far

Can we please get an update to fix this bank backup bug.Thanks.

I'm also having trouble backing up Preset banks (FX8 Mark II with FW 5.04 and Bot 2.8.4 and 2.8.5). I can backup individual presets just fine. I think it even backed up everything/system a couple weeks ago. BUT I cannot backup Individual preset banks. The progress bar goes to 16%, then drops to 0% and the text is stuck on "Now receiving: Preset Bank A". The FX8 gets stuck with "Bank Transfer in Progress" . After that I can restart fractal-bot, but can't do anything with the Fractal-Bot until rebooting the FX8 because of a time out error. This is on Mac High Sierra with a 2011 iMac.

It looks like they still haven't updated the firmware to fix the bug in 5.04, noted in Nov 2017.

Last edited:
new user here, whats the usual update cycle for firmwares?
About 1 week - 10 months or more. Fractal is a fairly small operation and updates are dictated by priority and necessity. If the backup bug is an issue, use the previous firmware, if not use the current. They both sound incredible.

Can we get an update from Fractal on this? Is there any active movement to fix 5.04? Or have we been abandoned, lol? (Ok, so that was a little melodramatic, lol), But I am starting to wonder when - or even if - this will be addressed).

I'm sure they have their hands full with the AFX3 release, but we're still waiting too.

So...

I don't even have an FX8 anymore, but I can read threads, and this reads to me that there never was any bug in FX8 firmware 5.04. The bug was in FractalBot 2.8.5 when used in conjunction with FX8 5.04.

FractalBot is up to 2.9.2 now. Have you guys updated FractalBot and tried 5.04 again?

FractalBot is up to 2.9.2 now. Have you guys updated FractalBot and tried 5.04 again?

That's a great point. No, I haven't tried. I've only been watching the sticky section of the FX8 forum for updates.

I'm interested to hear what Fractal says about this. If this takes care of it, that would be great.

I don't think I want to be a guinea pig though. Anyone else try this?

Back
Top Bottom