FX8 V5.04 Public Beta Available!

J

joe rogers

Now available for download, the FX8 V5.04 Public Beta. Based on the recently released Axe-Fx II Quantum 9. As always, we strongly recommend that you back up your FX8 before proceeding with this upgrade. Please note, this firmware is Beta firmware. As such, it may contain bugs or other unexpected behaviors. Please proceed with caution.

Please ensure you download the appropriate firmware for your unit.

FX8 Original V5.04 Public Beta
FX8 Mark II V5.04 Public Beta

Release Notes:

Additions:
  • Improved Delay block. Also reworked the Deluxe Mind Guy, Mono BBD and Stereo BBD delay models based on the improvements.
  • Added “Blackglass 7K” Drive model based on a Darkglass B7K. The model was obtained with the Attack and Grunt switches in the middle positions. The Grunt switch changes the low-cut frequency therefore the Low Cut control can be used to replicate this switch. The Attack switch controls a shelving filter on the input and can be replicated using the Tone control.
Fixes:
  • Fixed Learn function in Pitch block not working if modifier attached to the Learn parameter and not in GUI for that block.

Thanks a lot - but are there any plans to make it possible that the x/y feature in the scene mode is working similar to the ax8?
This would be very important to me.
Also the midi CC for reverb X/Y is still switching the rotary X/Y...
many greetings Baerti

Thanks a lot - but are there any plans to make it possible that the x/y feature in the scene mode is working similar to the ax8?
This would be very important to me.
What does this mean specifically?

Sorry for my poor english... My AX8: if the scene mode ist on (footswitch 1-8 switches scene 1-8 of a preset, green light F1 is on) I'm able to switch e.g. chorus x/y by pressing the assigned footswitch. My FX8 Mk2 does...nothing . (Fw 5.03 & 5.04 Beta)
I have enabled "press & hold for x/y in the global settings menue. OK?

Sorry for my poor english... My AX8: if the scene mode ist on (footswitch 1-8 switches scene 1-8 of a preset, green light F1 is on) I'm able to switch e.g. chorus x/y by pressing the assigned footswitch. My FX8 Mk2 does...nothing . (Fw 5.03 & 5.04 Beta)
I have enabled "press & hold for x/y in the global settings menue. OK?
i believe that is not an official feature. in Scene Mode (F-switch), holding a switch should not do anything.

As always, we strongly recommend that you back up your FX8 before proceeding with this upgrade

I've never tried any beta FW before, but I'm tempted to d/l this one because of the reworked DMM. I'm eager to hear it and use it. Because I've never loaded beta FW, I've never backed up everything on my FX8. I know how to backup presets, but I'm not sure about how to backup everything--presumably, that includes the old FW. Can someone point me to a link that explains what to do?

Also will RTFM...

Thanks.

Open Fracal Bot and set it to "Receive", rather than "Send". Choose a destination file. When you hit "Begin" it will inquire as to what you want to back up (Presets, System settings, etc.). I don't believe it'll back up your Firmware, per se. But you can always reload a prior FW you've downloaded if you choose to revert to it, again using FractalBot.

Edit: As usual Brad was more concise; hence quicker.

Open Fracal Bot and set it to "Receive", rather than "Send". Choose a destination file. When you hit "Begin" it will inquire as to what you want to back up (Presets, System settings, etc.). I don't believe it'll back up your Firmware, per se. But you can always reload a prior FW you've downloaded if you choose to revert to it, again using FractalBot.

Edit: As usual Brad was more concise; hence quicker.

Are the old FWs available, though? For my Axe FX II, they don't seem to be. I think someone has archived them somewhere, but I was concerned I may not be able to find the older FX8 FW. Maybe since the current one is beta, the older one will still be available?

Are the old FWs available, though? For my Axe FX II, they don't seem to be. I think someone has archived them somewhere, but I was concerned I may not be able to find the older FX8 FW. Maybe since the current one is beta, the older one will still be available?
5.03 is still available on the FAS page.

So, when you d/l a new FW, does every fx block automatically update to the new version as soon as your presets load? I thought I read that you had to reload the amp (and/or cab?) blocs with the Axe FX in order to use the new versions.

Anyway, I downloaded the beta and am getting ready to give it a go. Thanks.

Same here as jwoertz... can’t backup with 5.04. Mac with the latest iOS. So this is not a problem of the Original FX-8 but also MK II

Same here as jwoertz... can’t backup with 5.04. Mac with the latest iOS. So this is not a problem of the Original FX-8 but also MK II

It's a problem with both units and Fractal is addressing it in the new firmware release (release date to be determined).

Back
Top Bottom