FX8 V3.01 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIRMWARE 3.01 – Apr 15, 2016

FX8 Firmware 3.01 is primarily a maintenance release that also includes a couple of new features that folks have been requesting.

ADDITIONS

 Added Configurable Large Preset Name Display. This feature, when enable displays as much of the preset name as will fit in two lines in large font. This is easily seen on stage. This feature is enabled through the global menu:

SETUP->GLOBAL->SETTINGS

The Feature is called “DISPLAY LARGE PRESET”, the configurable choices are:
  • NO
  • 1 SEC
  • 2 SEC
  • 3 SEC
  • 4 SEC
 Modified the PRESET RECALL screen to display all 8 preset names in the currently selected bank. The current preset is highlighted. This new screen is available in both SINGLE and STICKY PRESET/BANK.

 User is no longer restricted by CPU load when adding blocks. PLEASE NOTE: The unit still automatically disables blocks until the CPU drops below the maximum threshold. This change allows users to add blocks, then make adjustments without having to remove blocks in an effort to add others.

 Modified the Footswitch Graphic states to better notify the user of the effect state in a live setting. The previous graphical states were:
  • RAISED: Engaged
  • NORMAL VIDEO (not raised): Bypassed
  • REVERSE VIDEO (not raised): Selected for Editing
The new graphical states are:
  • RAISED (normal or reverse video): Selected for Editing
  • NORMAL VIDEO (not raised): Bypassed
  • REVERSE VIDEO (not raised): Engaged
 Added Support for the “FOOTSWITCH” screen option in FX8-Edit. Please see the release notes for FX8-Edit.

 Optimized MIDI input from external MIDI Devices

 Force a scene reload if SCENE REVERT is enabled.

FIXES
  • Fixed a small bug when selecting a scene, using SINGLE SCENE mode it is possible to leave the previously active “S x” Footswitch Block in the ACTIVE state (LED illuminated) erroneously.
  • Fixed Gate block X/Y loading.
  • Added access to the Balance Parameter in the Gate/EXP block.
  • Fixed Bypass Toggling when using Y on the MultyDelay block.
  • Fixed High CPU load when placing a modifier on REVERB TIME.
  • Fixed Reverse Delay being modulated slightly for long delay times.
  • Fixed a bug where attaching a controller to Volume Increment or Decrement could potentially corrupt a preset.

my stream has now ended, but i'll try to edit an excerpt together in a bit. will post here.

Last edited:
Great update! I no longer have to bend down to see the preset names. And the bank list of presets makes for quick navigation. It just gets better and better. Thanks for this maintenance update.

Hi all at Fractal
I really like the new display options - thank you as always for listening !!

One small point:
When you look at the preset list they are numbered 1-8 but in the big display on preset recall they are numbered 0-7. Selecting bank M preset 7 for example shows up as preset M 6 in the momentary display.

Other than that Brilliant work !!!

Hi all at Fractal
I really like the new display options - thank you as always for listening !!

One small point:
When you look at the preset list they are numbered 1-8 but in the big display on preset recall they are numbered 0-7. Selecting bank M preset 7 for example shows up as preset M 6 in the momentary display.

Other than that Brilliant work !!!
Oh, good grief. I'll fix that on Monday. Stay tuned for 3.02. :D

Oh, good grief. I'll fix that on Monday. Stay tuned for 3.02. :D

You spend enough time programming,
here is an excerpt of my live stream today where i show the major changes brought by fw 3.01.

if this video has helped you out, please consider a donation at my streamjar page: https://streamjar.tv/donate/axefxtutorials

thanks!

Even after reading the release notes, I still learn something from this video. Thanks Chris, your summary was very useful and helpful.

Could there be an option added so the big preset name would stay there without a time limit?
Im assuming this same functionality will be added to AX8.

For me, i use the bottom row for presets: preset 1 solo, preset 2 crunch, preset 3 rhythm, preset 4 clean (chorus-1/4delay-reverb) , the top row is (x/y): lightdrive/distortion, chorus/modulation, 1/4delay/dotted, reverb/shimmer. Then when i am using rhythm and will need a delay i just hit the delay which is switch 3. So basically the top row will turn on/off the effects that is in my presets. Thanks to Chris@axefxtutorials!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom