FX8 V2.00 Public Beta

J

joe rogers

Many of the features that you have been requesting here on the forum are now available in the new V2.00 Public Beta.

http://fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fx8/2.0/fx8-2p00Beta.zip

New features include, but are not limited to:

X/Y Mode - When activated all effect Bypass switches activate on the down stroke.

Preset Up/Down - Just like it sounds. One footswitch will now get you the next preset in either direction.

Please remember, this is a BETA and some bugs are likely. Please read the Release Notes for the firmware BEFORE installing.

Feedback is welcome, please post to this thread. And most of all, ENJOY!

By the way, some of the early Beta testers saw an error screen after installing this firmware. This is nothing to be concerned about. Simply reboot reboot the FX8, and check your SETUP to make sure everything is to your liking.

just checked out preset up/down mode. BRILLIANT! thank you joe. can i make 1 more suggestion? :)

another function that might come in handy is preset scroll up/down. that way you can hold one of the function buttons down to scroll either up or down through the presets

just checked out preset up/down mode. BRILLIANT! thank you joe. can i make 1 more suggestion? :)

another function that might come in handy is preset scroll up/down. that way you can hold one of the function buttons down to scroll either up or down through the presets

Same here much easier. Will test some more tomorrow

Joe: thanks for the update. The preset up/down functionality is a huge improvement, at least for me.

Warning - loading the beta firmware did Bork my presets (well, technically, one a single presets since I only created one to test out the FX8 functionality). In any case, I had to download the preset bank and reload via FractalBot. Luckily, I only lost a single preset and not weeks worth of work. Yeah, I know, always backup before a firmware update!

Is there a bank save feature, as opposed to a single preset save, implemented in FX8 Edit because I couldn't find it.

Finally, I would still love to have more flexibility in what blocks I can use per-preset. The best feature of the M13 is that you can have a pedal board with 12 OD pedals or 12 Mods or any combination of fX. I know that the FX8 DSP allocation works differently, but it would still be great to have, say 4 OD pedals and 4 mods (which probably don't take up ass much DSP as a reverb.

A wonderful update, providing a load of usability features..

Last week I did 4 gigs on 1.02 and it worked great for me, but now the band is on vacation for a few weeks so I'll give it a try. Thanks!

I just installed the beta. Really like the new switching options. The preset loading time is lightning fast now. Thanks!

In a future version, would it be possible that when changing patches via the up/down and you are currently in edit mode for a block. That when changing patch it takes you out of edit mode so you can see the patch name of the next patch? Does that make sense?

New stuff is working great! Two gigs on 2.0 and I'm really loving preset up/down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just did two gigs with 2.0 and it's working flawlessly. preset up-down just makes everything so much easier. still hoping we get the ability to scroll up or down through the presets by holding down the function buttons :)

Awesome...can't wait to get home and update my FX-8 with this. Thanks so much for making this happen. These updates are really helpful to me and from the comments above it sounds like they work as requested. :)

Back
Top Bottom