FX8 V1.02B Public Beta

J

joe rogers

I have just uploaded FX8 V1.02B Beta for public beta. We have added much of the anticipated G3 modeling for the Drive Block. Not all models have been converted yet, hence the Beta. But, we wanted you to have this and some of the small bug fixes.

Please don't miss the fact that is a beta. If you encounter any new bugs, please post them here.

Here's the link:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fx8/fx8-1p02B-Beta.zip

1.02 (Public Beta “b”)

Fixed a bug affecting XY and effect bypass switching on scene change.

Fixed presets loading wrong TIME or RATE into tempo synched effects.

Improved spring reverb for a more natural sound.

Added currently available “G3” drive blocks, recent compressor block changes from Axe-Fx II FW 19.

Re-designed how “STICKY PRESET MODE” LEDs work; the LED corresponding to the current preset now flashes as long as you remain in sticky preset mode.

Fixed a bug affecting XY and effect bypass switching on scene change.

I think I experienced this bug last night. I have a Filter block set to attenuate about 4db for my rhythm/normal level so when it's off I'm back to 0db for my lead level. I tried to setup a Lead scene with an overdrive, the filter off, and a bit of delay. Everything switched fine except for the Filter block. In fact, it did exactly the opposite of what the states were when I saved.

Does this sound like the bug that was fixed?

I think I experienced this bug last night. I have a Filter block set to attenuate about 4db for my rhythm/normal level so when it's off I'm back to 0db for my lead level. I tried to setup a Lead scene with an overdrive, the filter off, and a bit of delay. Everything switched fine except for the Filter block. In fact, it did exactly the opposite of what the states were when I saved.

Does this sound like the bug that was fixed?

Yes.

For those who do not have an FX8, will it already be loaded on the new units when they finally do ship out?

For those who do not have an FX8, will it already be loaded on the new units when they finally do ship out?

Fractal always ships products with the latest available.

(at least this is true for the four products I've bought so far :)

Only released firmware is given to production for shipping. Currently, V1.01 is shipping. If we release V1.02 before your unit ships, then it will ship with V1.02. All current firmware is available on the Fractal website for download. So, upgrading will always be an option.

I've updated to the public beta and all my drives now overload the Input (overload light up) and squeals the outputs. I tried the 6 db and 12 db pads but that did do anything. If fact, the FX-8 had issues switching between those settings.

Any suggestions?

I've updated to the public beta and all my drives now overload the Input (overload light up)

The Input clip light is turning on? Anything in the firmware/preset shouldn't affect the guitar's input to the unit.

Are you certain the Output clip isn't coming on instead? If so, reduce the Level parameter in the Drive blocks back down to normal and possibly reduce the gain/drive levels as well. Didn't the release notes mention this behavior?

The Input clip light is turning on? Anything in the firmware/preset shouldn't affect the guitar's input to the unit.

Are you certain the Output clip isn't coming on instead? If so, reduce the Level parameter in the Drive blocks back down to normal and possibly reduce the gain/drive levels as well. Didn't the release notes mention this behavior?

As always, thanks for your reply Chris.

No, strange as it may seem, it is the input light that is coming on - nothing has changed in the signal chain - same guitar, same cable. The output squeals like Ned Beatty in Deliverance! Turning down the drive/level does cure it, but then the overall output is significantly lower. Guess that's why it is a beta. I held off updating my Axe-FX 2 with 19 beta for this reason. After 50 or so firmware updates, I'm sitting that one out for a while I'll wait until the full G3 roll out is complete.

Back
Top Bottom