FX8 Updates

I have no idea. FWIW - There haven't been any updates to the AX8 or AxeFXII effects either since the same date (Nov 2017). Those have only had amp model related changes, so the FX8 is not behind.

Seems to me that if they're abandoning updates on these products that are 3-4 years old that there's a high possibility they're focusing on bigger and better things which likely means there's a new product on the horizon.

Although they may be developing new products Fractal hasn’t really ever abandoned anything.

That said I am waiting for the Fractal team to go on a part by part pedal modeling spree.

Although they may be developing new products Fractal hasn’t really ever abandoned anything.

That said I am waiting for the Fractal team to go on a part by part pedal modeling spree.

Define "hasn't really ever abandoned" because you and I might have differing definitions.

I'm trying to be charitable and understanding. I know it may not seem that way to extreme FAS partisans, but I am. For a few reasons. For one, I don't want to get banned from here. A few extremists have already hunted me down on other forums, and it ain't pretty.

On the one hand, someone made a valid point that 5.0.4 is still an unsupported beta. I'm just SMH about that. I suppose one can make the point that a product isn't actually abandoned until the company posts a notice saying they won't support it. That's called sunsetting.

For example, up until very recently I was using a TC Electronic Desktop Konnect audio interface. It worked fine, but Mac OS had been nagging me that the app required to set certain system parameters is not compliant because it's 32-bit. TC hasn't done a driver update in ages, and there's no indication that they intend to port the app over to 64-bit. They never officially sunset it, but they clearly don't give a rip either. I say that qualifies as "abandonment." So I bailed. I bought an RME Babyface Pro. I'm happy.

It may well be that FAS is working on a new version of something like the FX8. They may even call it a different name. It may just make more sense to do that, charge another $1K for the new product, and keep the cash flowing. The more time goes by the more I think I'm cool with that. But I would probably respect them a bit more if they'd just update the firmware once in a while.

Last edited:
No worries! In the features of the FX8 is clearly stated:
  • And more! Upgradeable firmware means the FX8 will get updates and new features.
So only some patience is all we need. Meanwhile I’m more than happy with the FX8 as it is.
However, I understand it could help being patient if Fractal could raise the curtain a little bit about coming FX8 features and updates. Communication is a small effort that takes away the need for topics like this.

No worries! In the features of the FX8 is clearly stated:
  • And more! Upgradeable firmware means the FX8 will get updates and new features.
So only some patience is all we need. Meanwhile I’m more than happy with the FX8 as it is.
However, I understand it could help being patient if Fractal could raise the curtain a little bit about coming FX8 features and updates. Communication is a small effort that takes away the need for topics like this.
Agreed. The problem is no word from Fractal.

Agreed. The problem is no word from Fractal.
It seems as if the extreme Fractal partisans want to blame the victim here. All of us paid good money to buy this product. The current firmware version has a known bug. Not addressing it AT ALL is a sign of disrespect to those of us who bought their product.

And variations on the partisan "it's not a problem for me, so it's not a problem at all" just don't fly.

The occasional "we haven't forgotten, we're working on it" isn't exactly cutting it either. Seeing is believing, and right now it's been more than a year since anything actually happened.

Here's an interesting question. Are new units shipping with (unsupported beta with known backup bug) 5.0.4, or (last supported version) 5.0.3? I'd be ticked if I bought a brand new unit that had a backup bug. I bet it's 5.0.3.

Anything recent in the rumor mill regarding a possible FX8 announcement / update after NAMM ?

Also, if these rumors pan out. How long might it be before they are actually on sale? (Based on previous announcements)

I’ve been putting off purchasing something else in hopes of this. I’m starting to cave though lol

Back
Top Bottom