FX8 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK

My response .... is......

I am off this weekend (no gigs) and I am bored.

finished season 5 of "Vampire Diaries"
finished Season 1 of "the Originals"

@LVC Clearly you didn't comprehend my post and I am not going to waste any of my time to explain it to you other than it had nothing to do with your experience with the gear.

By the way, I am sure others as well as myself are waiting for your reply to this.

I also agree with M@tt that it would be great to use an FX-8 in the EFX loop of an AX FX II to further boost your effects abilities for presets; you could do all your mono effects (pre the real amp) in series, and then using an AX FX II build some wild dual/amp cab combos with wet effects that otherwise could use up all your CPU if you tried to do all in AXE FX II.

Yea definitely a great option to augment the AFX if you need to run a ton of FX...and the FX8 is a very attractive solution for tube amp guys who want to consolidate/simplify their existing FX pedalboards and keep their traditional amplification system. A few players I know (with tube amp rigs) are expressing interest in the FX8 for that reason...

Happy for all who were hoping for this. They should sell really well and after some time with users around the world giving feedback plus Fractal's dedication to quality and value I am sure it will get even better.

I think for me, given the price and features, it makes the Axe Fx II/XL seem like an even better deal :)

Oh, for anyone wanting a blatant example of "tone suck" just hook up an Ibanez Screaming Demon wah between your guitar and amp. :encouragement:

Excellent. This new floor multieffect FX-8 will be a perfect choice for all guitar players who don´t need the amp simulations becouse most guitar players have got a tube amplifiers. I hope that your next step will be the 1U rack version. I´m going to buy both. BUT YOU FORGOT TO VERY NECESSARY THING. WHERE IS THE POWER 9V AC OUTPUT FOR EXTERNAL DEVICES LIKE WAH PEDAL ... etc ? Your old foot controler MFC-101 has this kind of power output and your new FX-8 not? Why? Please, fix it.
Have you got the FX-8 the same quality of shimmering like Axe FXII ? Thanks for your response. :)

Correct. The MFC-101 has 9V power input only when you don´t use phantom power the AXE FXII with 7-pin cable. I was looking on a small picture. Sorry. The new FX-8 has AC-DC transformer inside and it isn´t some problem add next secondary coil with 9VDC (100-200mV) power out for external devices. This is a very helpful thing for any guitar pedalboard. The 13 years old tc electronic G-System has four 9VDC power outputs. I hope that the new floor fractal´s system FX-8 will have one 9VDC out at least. Maybe two. :)

While I'm waiting patiently for getting this new toy, I'm becoming totally impatient to know more about the dimensions and weight.

Please someone shed some light on this!

Yea, I would have thought the FX8 would be bigger. I found the size of the Line 6 M13:

M13 Dimensions: 15.5" (L) x 12" (W) x 3.5" (H)

If only this had come out during the days when I was just going into a Shiva or Mark V. It would have saved me thousands of dollars in pedals and so much time. But I have the AxeII now so I don't think I will be needing this. At least not right now... ;). If you could put up to five models in this thing, my wallet would have been out of my pants faster than at 50 cent wings night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom