FX8 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing missing is Faslink or cat5 so that it could be easily mated up to the Axe II as a mini MFC. but I can see not wanting to compete against the MFC-101. Other than that it looks awesome.

Minimize to the point you can't tell difference -- yes .. Zero - I call BS on that one.

It seems you are trying to creat a problem in a semantic sense.
If the tone suck is reduced to the point it isn't a problem/detectable by the human ear...then it is "zero" measured on the scale that matters.

If we were standing naked at the South Pole in winter and you said it is cold and I argued that any temperature above -479.67 degrees is proof of the presence of 'heat' would it make you wrong?

i/o question

I have two questions for those familiar with the FX8:

I built a ZeroLoss FX Loop into my Marshall head. It's designed to put pedals into the FX Loop. Will the FX8 be 4CM compatible with this FX Loop impedance?

Also (kinda the same question) I'm wondering how the FX8 might sound patched directly into the 'mixing board' especially since there'll be no cab sims, I'm told.

I look at my board now... and it comes in at around £600. It looks like this FX8 is going to be approximately £1200 once it hits G66 and the rest of the EU/UK. Basically twice the price of my current board. I'm not sure I will buy it based on that alone.

I look at my board now... and it comes in at around £600. It looks like this FX8 is going to be approximately £1200 once it hits G66 and the rest of the EU/UK. Basically twice the price of my current board. I'm not sure I will buy it based on that alone.

It's obviously not going to be for everyone.

Understandable, from that POV.

I think there's more to it. The integral aspect. Everything is routable, modifyable, there's 4CM support, it has more features than 3 Strymons (which add up to the same price), stomp box-mode or scenes, updates/enhancements/improvements/additions for free. That's much more than comparing it to the price of the current pedals. Not including cost of pedalboard, power supply issues, cables etc.

Disclaimer: I don't own or have used one. ;)
But I did put myself on G66's waiting list.

Last edited:
This thing looks great to me. It addresses a whole market segment that the AxeFX hasn't really touched. And the price is fine given the level of effects, signal quality, and durable physical package. I personally don't have a need for it but I'm sure I'll see a ton of these in the studio and on stage.

My one and only amp (which rarely gets turned own since I exclusive am using the AF II) has a +4 loop. As a result the signal from the effects send is often 2 hot for most effects that don't allow me to attenuate the output to the FXs. Will this be a problem? I have been contemplating having the builder change it to a -10 however he swears that the +4 will be more compatible with pro level rack gear and would provide a better result.

My one and only amp (which rarely gets turned own since I exclusive am using the AF II) has a +4 loop. As a result the signal from the effects send is often 2 hot for most effects that don't allow me to attenuate the output to the FXs. Will this be a problem? I have been contemplating having the builder change it to a -10 however he swears that the +4 will be more compatible with pro level rack gear and would provide a better result.

The FX-8 can easily handle +4. Maximum input level is +20 dBu.

By the way guys... I have been using one with my Axe-Fx and OMG.

--

PLEASE do tell more ! I REALLY want one but only if it works with the Axe-FX XL. I want it for the global looper. wish the Axe FX had one. Off load the processors in the axe and use the 8 for FX? Please share thoughts, Experiences, Hookup. Anything !

What would be some of the use-cases for the FX-8 in conjunction with an Axe-FX 2/XL?

Yes, other than freeing up CPU I don't see any use for using both at the same time. That is if everything is the same effect-wise in the FX8.

I don't agree, using both units will double your fx options , imagine the athmo sounds with 4 delays & 4 reverbs....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom