FX8: The grid??

I've played with right-to-left, left-to-right, and all sorts of weird combinations of that, like into the front right and out of the back right.

The main reason that you see a lot of right-to-left is the fact that that's the side your guitar cable comes from. It's an artifact caused by the layout of a right-handed guitar. With the FX8, you're freed from that constraint. So it is with most programmable gear. When you don't have to worry about physical layout, it's all left-to-right.

I've played with right-to-left, left-to-right, and all sorts of weird combinations of that, like into the front right and out of the back right.

The main reason that you see a lot of right-to-left is the fact that that's the side your guitar cable comes from. It's an artifact caused by the layout of a right-handed guitar. With the FX8, you're freed from that constraint. So it is with most programmable gear. When you don't have to worry about physical layout, it's all left-to-right.

I'm left handed and play left handed ;)

To me it's just more comfortable with that sort of layout. Been playing like it for over 10 years now, and it's just the way I do things. A pref to change the ordering would be great.

Whatever works, brother. I still don't get it, but it's your rig, not mine.

Back
Top Bottom