FX8: The grid??

If the grid is not posible even with its edit software then i will not be buying it and once people realice this i don't thinks its going to be a good thing for it.

But this is all speculation at the moment, lets wait and see.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you guys mean "the grid"? I have never owned fractal stuff before and I'm not sure what that feature is.

8 blocks, you can divide the effects pre and post. Effects blocks can be configured serial or parallel.

Can you program for example rotary on delay trails only? On axe fx its pretty simple - you just put these two blocks in parallel.

Can you program for example rotary on delay trails only? On axe fx its pretty simple - you just put these two blocks in parallel.

This is the kind of stuff that makes the Axe-FX a world beater...you can program ANYTHING, and it's very easy. I'm very concerned about the absence of the grid in the FX8. Hope that kind of creative routing is still possible.

I got a confirmation that this is not possible. I hope this can be fixed in later firmwares, because that would be a huge limitation orherwise.

I got a confirmation that this is not possible.
homer-doh-squarered.jpg

The delay still has its own modulation parameters.

It may not have the grid. And therefore its functionality may be more limited compared to the Axe-Fx.
But in reality I don't see that many presets making use of complex routing.
So I would not say this is a "huge limitation". Just my opinion.

Where is the official demo?.......or any demo?.......Mark Day has a BE100 & FX8........what's the problem? I hear he's an "artist in residence", but does that residence have bars on the windows/doors with no internet connection? lol

For me, all I care about is the series or parallel option for each slot, but I also want to be able to reverse the signal flow. So that instead of series mode being 1-8, it could be 8-1, or 4-1 and 8-5... because I want to retain the whole "right to left signal flow" thing from a traditional pedalboard.

For me, all I care about is the series or parallel option for each slot, but I also want to be able to reverse the signal flow. So that instead of series mode being 1-8, it could be 8-1, or 4-1 and 8-5... because I want to retain the whole "right to left signal flow" thing from a traditional pedalboard.
Not sure what you mean here. Whatever effect you want to come first in the preset, put that one in the first position. Choose your second effect, and put that in the second position. Left-to-right signal flow is preserved.

Not sure what you mean here. Whatever effect you want to come first in the preset, put that one in the first position. Choose your second effect, and put that in the second position. Left-to-right signal flow is preserved.

No. Because switch 1 = effect 1, switch 2 = effect 2, and so on...

I want switch 8 = effect 1, switch 7 = effect 2, switch 6 = effect 3, and so on... so that the layout at my feet matches a traditional pedalboard.

If I'm understanding you right, you want the lower-right-hand switch to be the first effect on your chain. Is that correct?

I'm not sure of the advantage of doing it that way (I much prefer the logic of a consistent left-to-right signal flow), but preferences are personal.

I'm not sure of the advantage of doing it that way (I much prefer the logic of a consistent left-to-right signal flow), but preferences are personal.

Have you ever used a traditional pedalboard? The signal flow is right to left, not left to right. Many people find this the most natural approach to emulate when using multi-fx's and I think Fractal should definitely consider it.

Back
Top Bottom