Fx8 Road Cases?

Which Mono case? I have the Vertigo for my guitar, I like it.

The pedaltrain Classic Pro is a 16x32" board. The only Mono bag that will fit it is the Pedalboard Pro. I have the Pedalboard Club which I used just for the FX8. As I mentioned above, I upsized to the Pedalboard Tour once I mounted the FX8 on a board with expression pedals. These Mono bags are very spacious and durable. I've had no issues and highly recommend them.

Last edited:
Hey guys, Peter with Trailer Trash Pedal Boards here. We have a case option in the works right now. We should have the first run of units ready to ship in less than a month. Here are some pictures of our prototype, which holds an FX-8 and two expression pedals. This same case will also hold the MFC-101 instead of the FX-8 and we plan to eventually offer a version that can hold the MFC with more expression pedals. We will release more details soon, this is a very cool product with a unique mounting system for the components and super lightweight.

Please let us know when this case is available.
Thx,
Richb

It's available. You just need to call TT. I spoke with Pete a few weeks ago to ask if there were different configurations to choose from. He said they are pre-drilled before they get them and are designed for an FX8 and two EV-1's.

how do you mount the FX8? Do you just use the case to carry it around? I found that the lip around the board prevents me from using the jacks....
so I cut a piece of plywood 24x12 - covered it in vinyl - mounted the FX from underneath - and placed it in the tray part of the case - I will post pics

so I cut a piece of plywood 24x12 - covered it in vinyl - mounted the FX from underneath - and placed it in the tray part of the case - I will post pics
thanks! the FX8 and 2 expression pedals fit perfectly in there but unless I build it up so that the FX8 is on a slant i can't plug my cables in to the bottom row. So i've thought maybe just use it to transport the board around and take it out for use.

I currently have a Pedaltrain Novo 24
I got it new with the soft zipper case a year or 2 ago
Now the zipper is constantly opening up and seemingly unfixable.

The dimensions 24x14.5 of the board are pretty close to perfect for me. I have an fx8, 1 expression pedal and room for 1-3 pedals (line6 G10 wireless receiver, OD and ISP) when/if needed.I guess I could chop down to 1 exp & 1 wireless receiver if needed but like having the option of adding the other 2.

So maybe I should look at getting the hard case for the Novo? I don't see that option anywhere but maybe I can call Sweetwater of the company itself and get it done.

But more importantly, I'm tired of taking the whole board in and out of the case. I'd like to have a setup where the lid pops off and the board remains attached to the interior of the case. I don't mind ditching the Novo for this...the fx8 is system is great and I expect it to be flip proof for awhile so I want to get this pedalboard case right.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_4274.JPG IMG_4275.JPG Yes that's the 24x11 version. I think the whole board is more like 25x13, but there's roughly 24x11" of usable surface. And, yes, the board can stay in the bottom of the case. I don't do it because I'm using the Dunlop mini expression pedals and my heel hits the edge of the case if I don't keep my foot all the way forward on the pedal. For a standard size expression pedal, I don't think it'd be a problem at all.

View attachment 39619 View attachment 39620 Yes that's the 24x11 version. I think the whole board is more like 25x13, but there's roughly 24x11" of usable surface. And, yes, the board can stay in the bottom of the case. I don't do it because I'm using the Dunlop mini expression pedals and my heel hits the edge of the case if I don't keep my foot all the way forward on the pedal. For a standard size expression pedal, I don't think it'd be a problem at all.
Great looking pedalboard!! I like it

About a year ago I posted a link to this case.
I had a Trailer Trash case...too heavy for me...sold it.
This one is light and cheap. Simple and quick latches too.
Not rugged enough to check it through on an airline, but great to throw in your trunk or something.
If anyone is interested, I can post pics with my FX8 and two expression pedals in it.
Amazon product ASIN B000GM6OMK

View attachment 39619 View attachment 39620 Yes that's the 24x11 version. I think the whole board is more like 25x13, but there's roughly 24x11" of usable surface. And, yes, the board can stay in the bottom of the case. I don't do it because I'm using the Dunlop mini expression pedals and my heel hits the edge of the case if I don't keep my foot all the way forward on the pedal. For a standard size expression pedal, I don't think it'd be a problem at all.

I just ordered this one!

Back
Top Bottom