Fx8 Road Cases?

I have a feeling that Temple Boards got their idea from The Custom District.I use a Custom District board and it is by far the best I have found!

I looked at the Custom District boards awhile back. Problem for me was that they still relied on Velcro and I was trying to get away from that entirely.

Spoke to Peter from Trailer Trash today.Great guy!! The new pedal board is gonna be killer! Hopefully will be available at the end of the month!

ed2817179a420abc62dfb3d48770b123.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if a backlit board would be easy to see onstage. I mean, you could see it, but it would wash out the legends of the pedals on top. It seems to make more sense to put the light above the pedals shining down.

Robboman, I really like your setup. Where did you find those tabs that you used to attach your FX8 & pedal to the board?
Also, do you know what the screw dimensions are for the FX8's feet?
Thanks!

Anyone heard any update on the TT case? I asked TT and was told a few weeks, but that was Aug 13. I've received no responses when I ask for an update. Now that I'm gigging with the FX8, am eager to get it in a solid case.

What I do:

1). Any pedalboard or case with a wood bottom. I like plywood covered with black ozite (cabinet carpet).

2). Get some tin strapping from any hardware store, snip off short pieces just long enough to protrude from the edge of the box you are mounting.
32106071.jpg

note - Some guys use bike chain links, the problem with that is they're one fixed length... depending on the pedal you might need longer or shorter.

3). Undo bottom case screws from your pedal, insert bit of strapping under (6 on the FX-8 ). Put case screws back into pedal, holding the strapping tight in place.

4). Screw pedal tight down onto the board with shorty woodscrews.

I've used this method instead of Velcro for all kinds of pedals over the years. Easy, cheap, super strong and works on any size/weight of pedal, even big heavy ones like the FX8. Plus you don't end up with permanent velcro adhesive on the bottom when you pull it off your board in future.

EDIT - what if you have a nice Anvil-style road case with a lift-off lid that's a perfect size for a pedalboard, but it doesn't have a plywood bottom?

* This was the case for my old pedalboard (as seen in my video below, right beside my FX8 pedalboard)

1). Cut out some plywood to fit inside. I'd use no thinner than 3/8", but probably don't need thicker than 1/2".

2). Wrap it in black Ozite (cab carpet). Looks pro and totally hides screw holes left over when you inevitably remove/reposition pedals in future. Use 3M spray adhesive for the surface, wrap the edges and corners same as when cab building.

Now, you could just place this board loose inside your case and be done with it, but I went one better...

3). Get some good size rubber feet like the ones used on the bottom of a cabinet.

4). Put your new plywood board inside the case, drill a hole in each corner right through the case AND the plywood board.

5). BOLT (not woodscrew) the rubber feet through the case onto the plywood, right through the case bottom. This locks the board to the case and adds nice non-slip rubber feet at the same time, so it won't slip around or scratch the floor. You could use woodscrews for this, but since it's the whole pedalboard I used t-nuts and bolts to make it super strong.

You can see both my pedalboard cases here, zip forward to around 2:20 or so...

Last edited:
Any one hear from Trailer Trash? I emailed 2x and called 1x....no response....most eager to get a price on their board.

Still waiting for TT as well. I talked to Peter a couple weeks ago and he said hopefully late September. Haven't heard anything since though he did mention that he would reach out to people who had been emailing in once it's available.

Hey guys, Peter with Trailer Trash Pedal Boards here. We have a case option in the works right now. We should have the first run of units ready to ship in less than a month. Here are some pictures of our prototype, which holds an FX-8 and two expression pedals. This same case will also hold the MFC-101 instead of the FX-8 and we plan to eventually offer a version that can hold the MFC with more expression pedals. We will release more details soon, this is a very cool product with a unique mounting system for the components and super lightweight.

Hi,
Is it ready to ship...?

Anyone have any clue what cables he is using for his expression pedals? they look like the perfect length and right angle to straight is desirable.

I've been using a Mono for the PT Jr for a while now, it's great but that Trailer Trash case looks like the bees knees to me.

Has anyone heard anything new on the TrailerTrash board? I called them last week and they were hoping to announce it mid this week. My fingers are crossed that I can get this before the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom