Fx8 Road Cases?

Hey guys, Peter with Trailer Trash Pedal Boards here. We have a case option in the works right now. We should have the first run of units ready to ship in less than a month. Here are some pictures of our prototype, which holds an FX-8 and two expression pedals. This same case will also hold the MFC-101 instead of the FX-8 and we plan to eventually offer a version that can hold the MFC with more expression pedals. We will release more details soon, this is a very cool product with a unique mounting system for the components and super lightweight.

I've always been a huge Trailer Trash fan. Have two boards that I use for my analog pedal setups. Are you able to give any more details about the unique mounting system? That's my biggest concern here. I abandoned Velcro a long time ago when building my own boards. Especially with some of the micro pedals I used (like the Xotic SL Drive and EP Boost), you couldn't do a very secure mount with Velcro. They'd rock side to side. Plus I hated the residue it often left when removed. I actually began screwing all of the pedals directly to the surface of the board and routing all cables underneath. Extremely secure and very clean looking.

I've always been a huge Trailer Trash fan. Have two boards that I use for my analog pedal setups. Are you able to give any more details about the unique mounting system? That's my biggest concern here. I abandoned Velcro a long time ago when building my own boards. Especially with some of the micro pedals I used (like the Xotic SL Drive and EP Boost), you couldn't do a very secure mount with Velcro. They'd rock side to side. Plus I hated the residue it often left when removed. I actually began screwing all of the pedals directly to the surface of the board and routing all cables underneath. Extremely secure and very clean looking.

I've been bugging them for more info but it hasn't been forthcoming. I'm REALLY anxious to get one of those boards before August 10th.

Again...for me it's all about this mounting system that Peter refers to. There are several companies out there that make similar sized/configured boards. I've seen these by Gator and they are very nice. But if Trailer Trash is offering a truly innovative solution that doesn't use Velcro (or something with a similar adhesive backing), I'm planning to hold out.

Gator_zpsbqepbhbk.jpg

I was looking at the Gator Small pedalboard case it looks like it fits fairly tight but not sure on the height when you close the lid. It might work if I could cut the foam inserts down an inch or two but I don't know. Ive been spending 2 hours this morning trying to find a case for my FX 8. What a pain

I was looking at the Gator Small pedalboard case it looks like it fits fairly tight but not sure on the height when you close the lid. It might work if I could cut the foam inserts down an inch or two but I don't know. Ive been spending 2 hours this morning trying to find a case for my FX 8. What a pain

You may be right. The metal handle on the FX8 does add a bit of height. I suppose it could keep the Gator case from closing. That foam is very compressible, so I imagine it would be fine, but I don't know. Tomorrow I was planning on going up to one of the music stores I shop at to see if the FX8 fits in the Gator case. I'll let you know.

That would be great what size are you going to be looking at The small or the large?

The large, if they have it. I wish they made a size in between as I only plan on using the one EV-1. The small is perfect for the FX8 alone and the large is perfect for the FX8 plus two EV-1's.

I'm looking at maybe a mono bag. So, just sanity checking...
16.35" x 3.96" x 10.00" / 415.29mm x 100.6mm x 254mm.

The mono club seems to have it... 17.5 x 14 x 5. But not sure if that is interior or exterior.
Pedalboard Club - MONO

Has anybody tried that? Just want to make sure it will fit.

I see the note about the case for the "pt jr soft case", but I assume that's the standard one that comes with it, not the mono...

I'm looking at maybe a mono bag. So, just sanity checking...
16.35" x 3.96" x 10.00" / 415.29mm x 100.6mm x 254mm.

The mono club seems to have it... 17.5 x 14 x 5. But not sure if that is interior or exterior.
Pedalboard Club - MONO

Has anybody tried that? Just want to make sure it will fit.

I see the note about the case for the "pt jr soft case", but I assume that's the standard one that comes with it, not the mono...

I bought the Mono Club. The FX8 fits perfectly.

Thanks but I went ahead and bought the small Gator G Tour from sweetwater and it should be here Friday. I hope it fits lol according to the dimensions it should fit I just might have to modify the height so the lid closes but that is no big deal. I will post a picture when I get it Friday whether it fits or not. If it looks like it will not fit I will just return it and find another one.

You bought the MONO case? Can you post a picture of your FX8 in it?

This is by far the best pedalboard system I've ever owned. You buy these little metal plates that adhere to the bottom of the fx-8. I plan to use 6. Then you attach the fx8 to the board wherever you want. You would use 1 metal plate for each expression pedal. Any other pedals you have can be attached to the board in the same manner. No more annoying velcro. Cables all run underneath, and you can get modules for the side, where all your connections from the board to the amp are made. Pedal power units are attached the same way, except they are mounted underneath.

Here is a video and a link to the website. I have had two of these, so I know they are awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlOGO9ueV0

Temple Audio

Google Image has many pics of the Temple Pedalboards.

Note: I bought some two sided tape so the plates can be used over and over should you decide to remove them from the pedals. I just removed the original adhesive and applied the two sided tape. Also, the adhesive did not damage any pedals.

Last edited:
The Temple boards are a great concept - more their fixation system than anything else. One of my buddies has a Duo and loves it. My only concern is the height of the Temple board (with its sloped design) plus the height of the FX8 is going to make for a rather bulky combination. The flat boards like the Gator and the ones Trailer Trash offers seem to give a lower profile solution.

Last edited:
naka2112, do you really think you need 6 plates to attach the FX8? I was thinking 4 would be sufficient.

I wish they made a size between the 24 and the 34. A 30" would be perfect for the FX8 and two expression pedals. The 34 is too wide.

naka2112, do you really think you need 6 plates to attach the FX8? I was thinking 4 would be sufficient.

I wish they made a size between the 24 and the 34. A 30" would be perfect for the FX8 and two expression pedals. The 34 is too wide.

ethomas,
I emailed Temple this past weekend and they do custom sizes. What they do is, and I quote, "We can do custom lengths within our 3 standard widths. You simply order the size above and say in the order notes what size you would like it cut down to. It snaps to the nearest 1/2 inch, so the closest we could do for you is 27.5" x 12.5" or 26.5" x 12.5"."

Those sizes were because I asked for a board 27" x 13.5". They don't charge extra, but what they do is charge you for the board you order, not the custom size. So if you order the TRIO 28 (which was my choice for those sizes above) you get charged the $119 and then they cut it down. For me, the total of everything from them would come to $239.73 + shipping. I plan do go that route unless the Trailer Trash comes out and is a little cheaper.

I like to use the smaller plates, so I would use 6. If you have the bigger ones, you can use 4 for sure. The reason I like the smaller plates, is that they are a little easier to remove from the pedal when you need to. Again, I like to reuse the plates with two sided tape.

Note on the Temple boards- I do dig mine, but know that the powder-coating they use is absolute shite. It peels/chips off easily.

As to the slope, it's great with my MFC.

Note on the Temple boards- I do dig mine, but know that the powder-coating they use is absolute shite. It peels/chips off easily.

As to the slope, it's great with my MFC.

Good to know about the powder coating.

What's an MFC? Don't get me wrong, I love the sloped design on all of my old pedalboards. I think it's essential if you have more than one row of stomp boxes. For now, I plan only on using my FX8 and an expression pedal, so the slope adds unnecessary height. Plus I think it will make finding a good ATA case difficult...though I could be wrong. :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom