Rich Catalano

Hi All,

I recently picked up a FX8 Mark ii to run with with my Peavey JSX.
I purchased a cable from Best-ronics which is a 7 pin din to 1/4" TRS specifically for Peavey JSX/XXX.

For some reason i can not access the Red/Ultra channel on the amp.
When i plug in the fx8, it switches to the Orange/Crunch channel.

I am able to seamlessly switch from the crunch to clean, no problem but can't even access the red channel.
The chord should do the trick as the TIP of this cable is for Clean/Bypass and the Ring is for the Ultra/Crunch.

Thinking maybe i have something set up incorrectly on the FX8?

Any information is helpful.

Thanks!

Would you be able to have the midi end plugged into the amp then make the connection with a little jumper wire on the TRS end of the cable?
This way you could prove the cable good, amp switches all 3 channels, and then look the the FX8 for proper configuration.

Would you be able to have the midi end plugged into the amp then make the connection with a little jumper wire on the TRS end of the cable?
This way you could prove the cable good, amp switches all 3 channels, and then look the the FX8 for proper configuration.
The cable is good, works perfectly with my TC Electronics G Major 2. Even tried the same setting i had on the g maj and still have no red channel

I’m still fairly new to the FX8 and I don’t have mine in front of me to test to be sure, but how do you have the FX8 configured?
My amp is only 2 channels, I use relay 1 tip to sleeve to change to my dirty channel. I use a relay block (RL1) to change that connection from tip to sleeve open to shorted.
I don’t think you can set it to ring to sleeve and tip to sleeve on the same relay block and I don’t know if you can put two relay 1 blocks in the same preset.
From reading the manual it looks like you may be able to store the relay settings on a per scene basis and not use a relay foot switch block.

I’ll be back with my FX8 on Sunday so I can verify the possibilities then.

Back
Top Bottom