FX8 relay issue changing amp channel

I think I figured it out. When I used the DB11 and VL I only needed to use the ground pin and channel switching pin on the 8 pin din for it to work because those products have options for closed and open latching. There are two other pins for channel 1 and channel 2. When I put a wire across the channel switching pin (pin 8) and channel 1 pin (pin 6) it changes to channel 1. When I do the same for channel 2 (pin 1) it switches to channel 2. Ground is pin 5 but it seems I don't need it. Perhaps if I hook the shield to pin 8 and tip/ring to pins 1 and 6 it should work.

I just tried using the ground (pin 5) in conjunction with each channel's pins and it does nothing. I have to use the channel switching (pin 8) with the the channel pins and it works.

The cable I made works perfectly. If anyone needs help on wiring up a Rivera, let me know.

Sir, piggy backing on your last reply. I have an FX8 and Rivera R55 amp, am trying to configure the channel switching. The amp has 2 channels, Ch1 gain on/off, Ch2 ninja boost on/off. Will have cable with 8-pin DIN splitting Y to 1 TRS plug, 1 TS plug.

Are you switching channels and turning boosts on/off by changing Scenes, or other?

Sir, piggy backing on your last reply. I have an FX8 and Rivera R55 amp, am trying to configure the channel switching. The amp has 2 channels, Ch1 gain on/off, Ch2 ninja boost on/off. Will have cable with 8-pin DIN splitting Y to 1 TRS plug, 1 TS plug.

Are you switching channels and turning boosts on/off by changing Scenes, or other?
Hi Tim. I was using the M/S series amps and only switching between channels 1 and 2. I was not using boost, reverb, Slavemaster or any other functions. I was using the relay switching in the preset and scenes.

Hi Tim. I was using the M/S series amps and only switching between channels 1 and 2. I was not using boost, reverb, Slavemaster or any other functions. I was using the relay switching in the preset and scenes.

thnx. after researching this thread, and the manual and other bits throughout the web, it appears i will have to do channel switching, boost and gain control via Scenes (preset within a preset) and configuring Relays 1 and 2 states for each of the scenes. i will post results here, or maybe start a new related thread.

thnx. after researching this thread, and the manual and other bits throughout the web, it appears i will have to do channel switching, boost and gain control via Scenes (preset within a preset) and configuring Relays 1 and 2 states for each of the scenes. i will post results here, or maybe start a new related thread.

following up for closure - 1st off thnx for advice. i had the 8 pin DIN cable made splitting into 2 TRS cables for relays 1 & 2 controlling ch. switching and their respective boost on/off. I ended up using Scenes so that at 1 tap of the programmed switch i can select in 1 shot the channel, boost, any effects pre and loop. I have a preset setup with 4 scenes - 1 for Crunch RHY, 2 for Lead, 3 for Clean, 4 for dirty clean.

I've found the FX8 Drive effects blocks to be quite good. Rivera Channel 1 is for gain, Channel 2 is for cleans. I use mid-range EQ settings for CH1, and scooped for Ch2 cleans. The 4-knob Tube Driver block sounds great, so i have a preset programmed for clean channel with the gain block engaged and EQ'd scooped. Sounds fantastic and adds versatility to a relatively simple 2 channel amp.

Back
Top Bottom