FX8 relay issue changing amp channel

darkknight91

Inspired
I'm using a Rivera S120 amp and have made my own cable for changing the amp channels. It has worked perfectly using a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher or Decibel Eleven Switch Dr that I've used in the past. I set up a scene to switch to the dirty channel and it works. The problem is when I switch to one of the other scenes that use the clean channel, it doesn't switch back. I have to switch back to the dirty channel scene to get back to the clean channel then switch to one of the clean channel scenes. I've searched the forum, Youtube and other places and can't find any info on this kind of issue. I've tried every mode possible on the Relay settings and I have the same issue.

1/4" to 8 pin din. I found which pin controls the channel switching and wired the lead to that and grounded the shield. I’ve made a few of them and they’ve all worked perfectly. I don’t think the cable is the issue. It has to be the switch/relay settings.

1/4" to 8 pin din. I found which pin controls the channel switching and wired the lead to that and grounded the shield. I’ve made a few of them and they’ve all worked perfectly. I don’t think the cable is the issue. It has to be the switch/relay settings.
TRS?

Try adding the Relay Position for Clean channel into the other Scene. Every Scene should have a relay setting for the channel you want it to change to.

Voodoo Lab Control Switcher
Decibel Eleven Switch Dr.

Like I said, when I switch to a scene that changes to the dirty channel, it switches correctly. When I change back to a scene with the clean channel, it stays on the dirty channel. I have to switch to a scene that uses the dirty channel again for it to change to the clean.

Try adding the Relay Position for Clean channel into the other Scene. Every Scene should have a relay setting for the channel you want it to change to.

What would be the setting? TIP is the only option to change channels. If I do that, it will change channels every time I change scenes whether I want it to or not.

What would be the setting? TIP is the only option to change channels. If I do that, it will change channels every time I change scenes whether I want it to or not.
Tip or ring or sleeve. There should be 3 choices. Try one if the other 2 ring or sleeve. One if them should give you the clean selection.

Read page 19 at the bottom of the page.

You should use trs at the fx8 end and use a trs to 2 mono left right y cable.

CONTROLLING THE RELAYS...
You can control each relay with your choice of a footswitch or scene programming.
To control a relay with a footswitch, you must assign a footswitch to that relay on the Footswitch page.
To edit a relay switch, select it on the Footswitch page and press EDIT (or use FX8-Edit).
You can also program any scene to control the relays.
See “To Set Relay States For a Scene...” on page 43.
Regardless of how an FX8 relay is controlled, it can be switched to any of the following states:
WHAT IS A RELAY? A relay is an electrically operated switch. It is activated
or deactivated by a circuit (the FX8 in this case) to make or break a connection in a
different circuit (your amp). The FX8 uses fast, quiet, high-quality relays. Each one contains two discrete
switches and is able to make all of the connections shown in the table above.
Setting What’s Connected?
OFF Nothing.
TIP Tip to Sleeve.
RING Ring to Sleeve.
BOTH Tip AND Ring to Sleeve.

You have to put it into context of what the fx8 needs. Not the other way around.

Make your 8 pin din do what the trs to 2 ts left and right do.

In essence you need to use 3 conductors of the 8 pin to behave like the tip to sleeve or ring to sleeve or top and ring to sleeve.

Ponder that for a minute.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. The VL Control Switcher and DB11 have options for setting the latching to NORMALLY OPEN and NORMALLY CLOSED. The FX8 doesn't have that option so I need to figure if there are separate pins for the clean and dirty channels. It worked with those other products just using one pin. If this doesn't work I'll have to use a Control Switcher triggered off midi to change my channels how I want them.

Are you using Relay Blocks or Scene Config. Don't stop blocks use scenes. Go to the config page and setup the relays for each scene and delete the Relay block.

Try that.

Back
Top Bottom