FX8 Rackmount

spanny

Inspired
Has there been any rumors or talk about Fractal possibly releasing the FX8 (or similar product) specifically in a rackmount format? I for one would jump on it immediately.

I would assume an FX only unit would be significantly less expensive than the Axe FX III.
Understandable assumption, but considering the AX8 is only $100 more than the FX8 it appears to be more than simply amps vs no amps.

Yes, the hardware is much different. FX8 is designed for true bypass and 4/7CM directly into a tube amplifier. AX8 is not as good for that and is more geared toward external power amps, PAs or direct to board.

I still don't understand the point of a rack mounted FX8. Just a lower price point vs an AxeFX? I mean all said and done I doubt you'd save much since to make it worthwhile it'd probably have more features than the FX8, and at that point ...just get an AxeFX.

^ Certainly not opposed to going that route, was just hopefully optimistic that there was talk a product like that would be in the works.

Yes, the hardware is much different. FX8 is designed for true bypass and 4/7CM directly into a tube amplifier. AX8 is not as good for that and is more geared toward external power amps, PAs or direct to board.

I still don't understand the point of a rack mounted FX8. Just a lower price point vs an AxeFX? I mean all said and done I doubt you'd save much since to make it worthwhile it'd probably have more features than the FX8, and at that point ...just get an AxeFX.

Then you must be missing the point where a rack FX8 II would not only eliminate the long 4cm cable snake run, tone also improves with short send return cables. I know this because I racked my FX8 II. It would be great to see a dedicated rack version.

Then you must be missing the point where a rack FX8 II would not only eliminate the long 4cm cable snake run, tone also improves with short send return cables. I know this because I racked my FX8 II. It would be great to see a dedicated rack version.

Just buy a used II base then.

Just buy a used II base then.

Once again, the point being missed here is the relay switching and optimized 4cm and noise floor. I had a II and it didn't work nearly as good as the FX8 II for 4cm amp purposes. I stand by the post above, Killer rack version with dedicated floor board that can be powered and run with one midi or the like cable. Something that will smoke the G System.

Back
Top Bottom