FX8 Preset Exchange

I am a new fx8 user and I absolutely love it. Made this preset today. I use the pre/post jumper since I don't have an fx loop.
Amp-Fender 68 Custom deluxe reverb
Guitar-G&L USA Legacy SSS with Lollar Blackface pups
Volume block used as clean boost, compression, enhancer, reverb, drive 1 as Overdrives, drive 2 as Fuzzes, Pitch octave at 25% mix on x and 50% mix on y, and some delays.

Attachments

• Blue Toanz.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 137
I am a new fx8 user and I absolutely love it. Made this preset today. I use the pre/post jumper since I don't have an fx loop.
Amp-Fender 68 Custom deluxe reverb
Guitar-G&L USA Legacy SSS with Lollar Blackface pups
Volume block used as clean boost, compression, enhancer, reverb, drive 1 as Overdrives, drive 2 as Fuzzes, Pitch octave at 25% mix on x and 50% mix on y, and some delays.

Hi. Just curious why you use a pre/post jumper. Why not just have all effects pre? (I'm assuming you mean a short cable placed between the pre 1 out and the post 2 in).

heres my preset for Blue oyster cult don't fear the reaper lead .

I only have the delay and the reverb on and I'm using the distorsion on the amp . I wasn't going for the tone but the delay setting. would have been better if I had the track running .

Attachments

• BOC REAPER LEAD.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 115
Here is a fun FUZZ setup for your playing pleasure and modification. A la.... Fu Manchu, QOTSA, Kyuss, etc.

- Try with a CLEAN CHANNEL first
- Setup with 4 cable method
- FX 8
- FW 5.02

Attachments

• Fuzz Manchu.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 96
I've been using a Tim overdrive since 2004, and thus could never find an FX8 drive that sounded as good, not even Timothy. However, I think I've finally found a drive that I like. It's a version of the Shimmer Drive, with clip type changed to "HV Tube" and the bias shifted just slightly. Keep in mind that I have some subtle master eq settings that have tweaked the FX8 to match up better with my Friedman Dirty Shirley and three other Marshall-pedigree heads. At any rate, this drive is in some ways better than my beloved Tim, particularly in the mids, but I cannot get this attempted digital clone to match the depth and generally "analogness" of my pedal. HOWEVER, it's damn close and I'll have to say that I feel like with a little more time I could have gotten closer, but honestly, I really like this drive as it is...I haven't gigged with it yet ,but it has passed the gig-volume test, and also sounds great through my Torpedo Live into headphones. If anyone tries it, I'd be interested to hear what you think, especially if you are a Tim or Timmy user. FWIW, mine is a v1 breadboard Tim--I also have a later run Timmy that sounds good but not exactly the same as this Tim. If it matters this is being used in front of an amp set to mild/medium crunch.
IMG_1252.jpeg View attachment 48085

Attachments

• Shimmer Tim Drive (1).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
I've been using a Tim overdrive since 2004, and thus could never find an FX8 drive that sounded as good, not even Timothy. However, I think I've finally found a drive that I like. It's a version of the Shimmer Drive, with clip type changed to "HV Tube" and the bias shifted just slightly. Keep in mind that I have some subtle master eq settings that have tweaked the FX8 to match up better with my Friedman Dirty Shirley and three other Marshall-pedigree heads. At any rate, this drive is in some ways better than my beloved Tim, particularly in the mids, but I cannot get this attempted digital clone to match the depth and generally "analogness" of my pedal. HOWEVER, it's damn close and I'll have to say that I feel like with a little more time I could have gotten closer, but honestly, I really like this drive as it is...I haven't gigged with it yet ,but it has passed the gig-volume test, and also sounds great through my Torpedo Live into headphones. If anyone tries it, I'd be interested to hear what you think, especially if you are a Tim or Timmy user. FWIW, mine is a v1 breadboard Tim--I also have a later run Timmy that sounds good but not exactly the same as this Tim. If it matters this is being used in front of an amp set to mild/medium crunch.
View attachment 48087 View attachment 48085

your preset is one of my new favs...I just got my fx-8 and have been modifiying some of these presets to my liking....yours I think I just added a phaser, it was spot on with my Mesa tc 50 sounding full and not as digital sounding as some of these other drives. def reminded me of a Paul Cochran pedal as well, good job, you have a great ear

your preset is one of my new favs...I just got my fx-8 and have been modifiying some of these presets to my liking....yours I think I just added a phaser, it was spot on with my Mesa tc 50 sounding full and not as digital sounding as some of these other drives. def reminded me of a Paul Cochran pedal as well, good job, you have a great ear

Wow! Thanks! Glad to hear it is working for you...I'm trying it out in my first band situation tonight (rehearsal) and at a gig on Friday.

lets hope its awesome...im digging using the different drives and for scenes 6-8 im using the amps overdrive channels...I found this missing when I had the AX-8 as I like mixing up real amps w/digital....having a blast

Yeah I still can’t get away from good ole analog. It is simple and so am I.

If I could stand to use IEMs, I’d still have my AX8. I just hated being a slave to a soundman whose priority is FOH (we don’t have a mon guy) and consistent levels of my bandmates. We are not crazy loud and I share my side of the stage with a keyboard player who is using IEMs. My wedge is my vocal only, so I have pretty good control over volume and if I need to hear someone better I can walk toward them (keys are in singer’s wedge). So, I’m content to keep it simple.

I used this digital drive on a gig this weekend and it is good! It will work well for songs where I can’t change preset AND on/off state of Tim. That said I still preferred the real Tim. It is still better in terms of warmth, harmonic content, and response/feel.

Last edited:
Yeah I still can’t get away from good ole analog. It is simple and so am I.

If I could stand to use IEMs, I’d still have my AX8. I just hated being a slave to a soundman whose priority is FOH (we don’t have a mon guy) and consistent levels of my bandmates. We are not crazy loud and I share my side of the stage with a keyboard player who is using IEMs. My wedge is my vocal only, so I have pretty good control over volume and if I need to hear someone better I can walk toward them (keys are in singer’s wedge). So, I’m content to keep it simple.

I used this digital drive on a gig this weekend and it is good! It will work well for songs where I can’t change preset AND on/off state of Tim. That said I still preferred the real Tim. It is still better in terms of warmth, harmonic content, and response/feel.

Is there anyway to get a convincing Belle Epoche sound ? ...I realize the pre is impossible but the tape delay sounds? imo the Belle destroys everything else at this … as far as the drives, I think this is why I like the FX-8 so much is I can mix digital drives with my Mesa TC-50 (all the channels as well as boost etc) the hybrid setup imo is my guitar world....love it....I try to use the FX-8 drives with my amp on ch 1 on scenes 1-4 and scenes 5-8 I mix up channel 2 and 3 …. really digging the tru zero flanger and got a Isly Phaser rockin too

Hey Folks,

I've seen a couple of attempts to create one of these threads. So, I am going to make this the official STICKY thread.

Only one rule:

ONLY POST PRESETS AND DESCRIPTIONS.

Please respect others who are looking for presets, and do not clutter this thread with comments and discussions. Any posts that I find that do not contain a preset to be shared will be deleted. If you post a preset, and find you need to add more comments, please edit the post. Try to avoid adding unnecessary posts.

DESCRIPTIONS

Please describe your presets in as much detail as possible. Such as:

Intended guitar/bass, etc.
Amp Used
Intended effect (ie shimmer).

You get the point.

Regards,
Joe

I am really sorry, but I am new to this. I am running my board through a mac, what program do I need to run these patches? thank you!!
Vincent

I am really sorry, but I am new to this. I am running my board through a mac, what program do I need to run these patches? thank you!!
Vincent
Vincent,

Part of the title of this thread is "PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING." In the rules, it says...
Only one rule:

ONLY POST PRESETS AND DESCRIPTIONS.

Please respect others who are looking for presets, and do not clutter this thread with comments and discussions. Any posts that I find that do not contain a preset to be shared will be deleted.

Please post your questions in a new thread. Thanks.

By the way, you need FX8-Edit or Fractal-Bot to load any preset onto your FX8.

(delete this or I will later)
So you download these into the FX8 right? I am a virgin w this puppy so not sure how all this works yet.
Make friends with FX8-Edit and Fractal-Bot. Either one of those programs can load these presets onto your FX8.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom